Agnes Nixon at Harvard?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I attended the event last week. Agnes could not have been more gracious and witty and she talked for over an hour about her beginnings as a female writer and several of the socially relevant stories she wrote over the year. A lot of time was spent on the Carla Gray OLTL story and Bianca's coming out. The Harvard Arts Foundation gave her a well deserved award and there was a short Q&A and then a reception afterwards. Because it was not overly crowded, most fans got to meet Agnes Nixon and I got to talk to Lorrainne Broderick for a long time about my favorite AMC moments for the years. They both seemed genuinely touched at the appreciation and love for the work. On the way out Agnes' daughter thanked me for coming and supporting her Mom. I almost cried and told her how much AMC and OLTL have meant to me and how grateful I am for the years of entertainment. I wish the event had been better publicized so more soap fans could have attended but for the handful that did, it was definitely a great event.

• Members

Thanks so much! Awww this should have been filmed for her never used website...

Edit I see it might be up on their website eventually Recording of Event:

Harvard filmed the event, and according to the cameraman, the video should be uploaded online (not sure where or when). Michael Maloney of Soaps in Depth magazine made an audio recording of the event, and will cover the story in a future issue.

• Members

Greens that sounds like a dream for me--great story (though I'm sure if I were there I would annoy everyone with Loving questions :P )

It sounds liek she was more forthcoming than before, even if the major stories referenced in that summary are ones she's told before, they obviously meant a lot to her. I hope the video is for everyone to see--on that Harvard website they have past videos but it looks like you have to go and view them in person. (Wait Myra thought they should kill off three major characters so she and Sloan could get married? LOL Didn't they get married anyway?)

The stuff about the ending just adds more tantalizing details, I wish we could see what exactly was changed, though she makes it sound like it was mainly just the JR stuff. But that is pretty terrible of ABC if they reneged on a two hour finale but officially told them there was one...

Archived