AMC tribute on The View

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

laugh.png

I actually find it weird that she isn't more thankful. When you sit down and look at the facts Greenlee was a major liability to the show after Leo left. She squandered around for years after Leo with only Fusion to justify her existence on the show. If she hadn't been shoe-horned into Ryan and Jackson's life she would likely have zero ties to the show. It was her pairing with Ryan initially that saved her from being irrelevant. She should thank her lucky stars that she had Ryan to latch herself onto. Ryan as much as fans may dislike him is fairly popular and has proven that he can survive on his own without her. We have seen that from the major popularity he had with both Gillian and Kendell and the smaller popularity he endured with Annie and Madison which received a reasonably good reception from most fans who watched the show. Without Rylee RB wouldn't have had a job securely placed for her year after year.

I think posters are just rejecting her because they know Rebecca hasn't been a fan of the show for awhile. Let's be honest she uses AMC like her own personal ATM machine every time she fails at primetime.

• Members

Keeps coming back?? Maybe you're confusing her with that man in your avatar? She has returned TWICE. And when you take a guest stint and parlay that into a CORE LEGACY character then watch your character ruined for & under the ZEN BUS....there is reason to return. THERE is REASON she left the SECOND & last time b/c she was promised one thing after they hooked her in...she got another. &&&& There is a reason for her to not like Rylee and to voice it...if she so feels.....just as the woman in your avatar has done for her character over and over and over and over. Blah!

WORD!

Um YEAH. YEAH she is. JUST ONE reason she is necessary ....she's the last character Agnes created ......I'll give you another .....b/c she is a TALENTED GENIUS ....."Genius I no say Genius I say TALENT......TALENT" (sorry bit of a OT tangent there... have a hard time saying Genius or Talent w/o saying that in my head) So now you can see it .....enjoy.

OH PLEASE!!!!! RB/Greenlee was popular before Greenleo OR RYLEE. In fact it would be a safe bet to wager WW/Jackson would not even be on the show right now HAD SHE NOT returned the second & last time. She was not attached to them ...They were onto HER..see how that works?

If you want to be "honest" than I dunno I suggest maybe ....retype/edit the post.tongue.png

She returned TWICE...oh yes her personal ATM. $$$$ LOLOLOLOL. And she returned TWICE after she was promised certain things..got them for a month or two and then it went back to Rylee. There's also a little thing called a CONTRACT that she just can't break....she doesn't have the 13 week out option!

It also been "proven" (however we judge that..RME) that she can SURELY survive WITHOUT Ryan or LEO. Please .....again I'll bring up taking her 3 week GUEST stint and making it into a CONTRACT legacy ROLE.

And FAILED at primetime....lol jeal0002.gif AHHHHHHHHHH> Sorry I see a green-eyed monster. Ahh. SCARY!

How about her years on GL or her many numerous guest spots on primetime series ..or TV movies or being in critically acclaimed award winning movies...or skating her little heart out to my enjoyment. Hmmm?

Not to mention her fiercely loyal and wonderful fanbase...oh wait I just mentioned that!

Carry on. While I enjoy Adele Setting Fire to the Rainhappy.png

• Members

For once we agree. And remember during the anniversay View episode how god damned condescending she was to Agnes? Treating her like a silly old lady (nevermind they're pretty close to the same age...)

With all due respect, because I probably missed an interview somewhere, but I heard her imply that in ONE interview--were there other examples? And I don't quite get the thought process here--most of us agree with RB that Rylee was a dead end, but now we're getting mad at her for saying as much?

• Members

No. Quite frankly, they're getting mad because of their own personal feelings about what they feel RB should do. Never mind the fact that Rebecca Budig has worked with most of these people for better part of 12 years and has her own, valid emotions connected to them and the show. No! Since she publicly stated she wasn't satisfied with Greenlee's final direction... and because she's "BFF with Frons" she's not allowed to celebrate with everyone else.

• Members

Seriously? It's one thing to speak up about an unpopular storyline, but another to just phone in your work for years and years. If she's so unhappy why bother coming back?

I do love how suddenly it's okay for actors to speak up, yet people in this very thread years ago were bashing actor's for speaking up saying there were there to do a job not have an opinion :rolleyes:

Wow we agree again.

• Members

I know it's a question of opinion, but I don't feel she did phone in her performance for years... It's also been fairly clearly stated that when she's come back it was under the promise of doing different things with her character and role. And regardless--it's a role, she wants to be a working actress, primetime and other options didn't work out for her. She never said she was so unhappy--not even remotely, you're putting words in her mouth. She said she would have prefereed to see Greenlee end up with Leo, and she said it very diplomatically. I mean some of your fave actors (look at your signature) have expressed a lot more annoyance in their roles... If we're picking straws here.

"This very thread" existed years ago? blink.png Or did you just choose your words poorly? *confused* Anyway I never said an actor shouldn't express an opinion--I do think if they dislike doing the work they're hired to do so very much maybe they should leave, but Budig has never said anything remotely like that--this is all conjecture on your part, a bit like your hatred for a certain latino actor.

• Members

Well it's only your opinion she's "phoning in her work". & LOL...Ha Ha Ha... even if she were, it takes a certain kind of talented genius (GENIUS I no say ..oh forget it) to be able to "phone it in" it also implies she can and does bring more.... if her heart has a reason to be in it.

And I already answered (with my opinion) why she came back and then was not happy.....PROMISED one thing>> RECEIVED another.

Not like the TRUE "pets of AMC" that got/get what they wanted and GOT what they were promised and write their/his own lines and has their REAL LIFE favorite things inserted into the storyline...boring Pinkwings ring a bell...yeah b/c Soaps are all about sports and Hockey especially ....SURELY that will draw in the viewers!!! LOLOLOL....YEAH but RB is "Frons' BFF" and SHE is the PET!!! POPPYCOCK~!!huh.png

And there was "this very thread" here "YEARS ago"?? WEIRDblink.png could of sworn it was JUST started YESTERDAY....by you nonetheless. ODD. Can you direct me to the "AMC tribute on The View" thread that appeared yearS ago? I'll whistle while I wait....whistling.jpg Nah... Forget it, my mouth will fall over then off b/c I'll be waiting FOREVER.

ETA

HAHAHA F-ing HAHA!!! Great minds~~~~~!!

Archived