Touch: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

TOUCH

From writer/creator Tim Kring (“Heroes,” “Crossing Jordan”) and executive producers Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope comes TOUCH, a preternatural drama in which science and spirituality intersect with the hopeful premise that we are all interconnected, tied in invisible ways to those whose lives we are destined to alter and impact. Through masterful storytelling, the series follows a group of seemingly unrelated characters – beginning with a former firefighter tormented by his inability to save a dying woman, an Iraqi teenager who will go to great risks to help his family, a gifted singer whose actions at a karaoke bar save lives thousands of miles away and a British businessman desperately trying to retrieve a key piece of information from his lost mobile phone – who affect each other in ways seen and unseen. At the center is MARTIN BOHM (Kiefer Sutherland, “24”), a widower and single father, haunted by an inability to connect to his mute, severely autistic 10-year-old son, JAKE. Caring, intelligent and thoughtful, Martin has tried everything to reach his son who shows little emotion and never allows himself to be touched by anyone, including Martin. Jake busies himself with cast-off cell phones, disassembling them and manipulating the parts, allowing him to see the world in his own special way. After multiple failed attempts at keeping Jake in school, Martin is visited by social worker CLEA HOPKINS, who insists on doing an evaluation of the Bohms’ living situation. Although new at her job, Clea sees a man whose life has become dominated by a child he can no longer control. She believes his attempts to communicate with Jake are just wish fulfillment, and determines that it’s time for the state to intervene. But everything changes when Martin discovers that Jake possesses a gift of staggering genius – the ability to see things that no one else can, the patterns that connect everything. Jake is indeed communicating after all. But it’s not with words, it’s with numbers. And now he needs Martin to decipher their meaning and connect these numbers to the cast of seemingly unrelated characters whose lives they affect. Along the way, Martin will be guided by BORIS PODOLSKY, a discredited aging professor who offers Martin a compelling but unorthodox theory about Jake and his rare ability. Whether it be chance, coincidence, timing, synergy or fate, there are events that touch us all, as part of an interconnected, dazzlingly precise universe.

PRODUCTION COMPANIES: 20th Century Fox Television, Tailwind Productions, Chernin Entertainment

CREATOR/WRITER: Tim Kring

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Tim Kring, Francis Lawrence, Peter Chernin, Katherine Pope, Kiefer Sutherland, Suzan Bymel

DIRECTOR: Francis Lawrence

CAST: Kiefer Sutherland as Martin Bohm

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Julia it was good but I am SO mad that we have to wait until March for the rest. I felt bad for Keifer's character when the CPS woman came (although I love Gugu) and she was so out of line. I love Jake and can't wait to see what else is in store for the show.

The ending was very sad and I must know if he got the oven! I asked Karen (Kayla) on Twitter and she laughed and said we had to keep watching. I'm just saying the wait is too long and I hope he gets his oven!

• Members

OMG! The CPS lady really pissed me off. The dad was clearly doing the best he could under hard circumstances. I loved it when Jake got out even when he was in their institution. Take that, know it all system! At least the CPS lady came around in the end. I was disappointed when I found out the series wasn't actually starting until March too. As far as the oven goes, I think he'll get it. :-)

• Administrator

I enjoyed the premiere too. I love seeing Kiefer back okn TV, though I'm going to need Jack Bauer to start killing people. LOL

Happy to see Gugu on the show. She's gorgeous. :wub:

I loved the part where the dad saw the pictures of him and his daugther on the big screens.

They did get the oven. It happened at the end.

Archived