the MOB violence just gets closer and closer...

TC

• Members

A woman married to a well-known Montreal construction boss allegedly linked to the Mafia was the target of a shooting in a west-end neighbourhood Friday morning.

The woman, in her fifties, was shot near her home in Notre-Dame-de-Grace, in west-end Montreal, police confirmed. She was in her car on Beaconsfield Avenue near Somerled when a man shot at the vehicle.

The woman wasn't hurt and drove herself to the nearest police station.

A police source told CBC News that the woman is married to Tony Magi.

Magi runs Construction FTM, a large building company. Police believe he is connected to the Rizzuto family, Montreal's once-dominant Mafia clan.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2011/02/18/woman-targeted-in-mafia-shooting-attack.html#ixzz1ENOLKh8B

This happened about ten minutes, on foot, from where I live now. And I am stating to recognize the names. The first property I ever bought was about 300 feet north, on the same street as this incident.

That couple managed to get a demolition permit in an area where NONE are ever issued. That was around 1989-91. I owned property there from 1992 to 1994, but I moved out in '93 and after a short stint in a large NDG rental flat, moved to Cressy Road, where I live now, and about ten minutes away from this latest incident.

Two or three years ago, this woman's husband was shot as he drove down a nearby thoroughfare. He survived.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived