Best TV Couples of All Time

dragonflies

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Half of these couples I never heard of.

Am I to understand that those pop culture icons "Eric and Tami" known from sea to shining sea with fame that can stand proud along side Lucy and Ricky and Ralph and Alice, that Eric and Tami are greater than Archie and Edith Bunker? Who the hell are Eric and Tami????

I don't even know where to begin with this list. Saved By The Bell? Gilmore Girls twice? But no Herman and Lily, no Gomez and Morticia, no Bob and Emily Hartley, no Mike and Gloria, NO ROB AND LAURA PETRIE...but we do have Eric and Tami and the everpopular Sydney and Vaughn.

• Members

Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Garner have anti-chemistry with their co-stars -- I have no idea why they would be on this list.

I'm glad Kevin and Scotty were included, and I agree with them about Zack and Kelly.

I'm sure Friday Night Lights is a good show but it's one of those shows where the critics are so in awe of themselves that the show itself is an afterthought in their mind.

David/Maddie - overrated.

• Members

Eric and Tami are an amazing couple, IMO, and easily deserve to be on a best of all time list.

The only problem here is that, once again, any list like this at all is purely subjective (because not everyone thought Lucy and Ricky were great, and I sure as hell can't stand anybody from Friends), and also, they shot themselves in the foot by shoehorning "all time" in there instead of just doing the last 10-20 years like they obviously wanted to.

• Members

Glad they included Dan & Roseanne.

I think Dylan & Brenda are more iconic than David & Donna from 90210.

If they had included more soapy couples, I would add Dynasty's Blake & Krystle and Melrose Place's Billy & Allison.

Were Archie and Edith included? If not, they should've been.

I would also include the parents from Family Ties, but that's just from my own TV upbringing; maybe they're not that memorable to others.

• Members

Lists like that are always mostly a matter of opinion- there's five couples that always make every list like this (Sam and Diane, Cliff and Clair, David and Maddie, Ralph and Alice, Lucy and Ricky) and then the rest is pretty much whoever the author or publication likes.

I think the reason a lot of people love Eric and Tami is that they're presented (and the show does a good job of portraying them this way) as an extremely realistic married couple.

Archived