DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

Not my cup of tea. I forgot to mention I like paranormal/supernatural/gothic/sci-fi soaps. That’s what drew me in when I first heard about the show. That’s why I like Days: the possession, buried alive, Princess Gina, the microchip in Vivian’s tooth, Dr. Rolf’s back from the dead serum, etc.

My other favorite soaps are Sunset Beach and Port Charles because they also embraced the supernatural. It helped that JER was storyline consultant for Sunset Beach in 1998.

I’ve seen some Dark Shadows and liked it too.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would argue the issue with Melissa was never LT, but the show's inability to find a suitable love interest for her.  In an era when supercouples reigned supreme she never had a pairing (besides Pete) that caught on at all.   

Jessica was dull from start to finish though lol.

• Members

There was Pete Jannings & then there was that guy, the dancer, what was his name? And, don't look at me on Jessica. I don't see anyone sticking up for her. Not me. Hard pass. 

Please register in order to view this content

I guess it's not great if I can't remember that tall drink's name, huh? 

• Members

Lars.  Then she was with Jack and then Emilio who she ended up killing lol.  

I wonder if they were going to try to connect Nathan's father to someone on the canvas or bring his father on later, but nope.  I guess we will never know.  I wasn't even clear if Melissa was still married to Nathan's father or if he had siblings either.

• Members

I agree.  I could be wrong, but I don't think Mark Hapka/Nathan was very popular, so the fact that Nathan hasn't been mentioned at all since he left Salem likely guarantees that we'll never see him or Melissa again.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I think Nathan was pretty popular.  Wasn't Hapka a bit of a problem though?  Again, I don't know if we were ever clear if Nathan was an only child, so perhaps a brother or sister could show up.  Since Nathan went by the last name Horton I would assume Melissa and his father aren't together still though.