Shortland Street

• Members

Goodbye to Ula Levi (Frankie Adams) and Cameron Jones (Dallas Jones). I will miss you both, but am happy you ended up together in the end. The fact that Ula started out as some horrible bratty teenager and was truly allowed to evolve into an adult woman says it all about the wonderful writing of Shortland Street.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I did start warming to them towards the end but still I find it weird that after so much time was spent building up Dallas and Bella and Garrett and Ula last year, within weeks Dallas and Ula are suddenly 'endgame' lol.

But then again I've been watching since day one and the show has always done things like that.

• Members

And there you have it ... Pania is a full-on bitch. The show hasn't had a character like this since I've been watching. Rachel lashes out when she feels helpless, Brooke may have lied and schemed, but she was never malicious. Having her treat Bella like dirt was a ballsy move by the writers. I did love her shutting up the horrible Clementine though.

I also find it fascinating how they have brought on this kleptomaniac character and are truly treating him like he has an illness. Stuff like this you can't get anywhere else but Shorty.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Lol...but actually its true, she was a kleptomaniac. I don't think she was ever officially "cured", but the kleptomania was linked to her low sense of self-esteem, so as her self-esteem grew, her incidences of Kleptomania became less and less, and by the time you started watching she didn't feel the need to steal anymore.

The kleptomania itself wasn't common knowledge amongst the other characters. I think T.K found out some point during their relationship and tried to help her.

• Members

Fascinating. But that is Brooke in a nutshell. It was always obvious to me that the writers loved writing for her. Even at her lows, they managed to keep her dignity in tact, something you don't see a lot of with her type of character these days. Was Bree around during any of the relationship with TK? God knows, Brooke's hands were much too full to steal anything with her and her momma around.

• Members

I despise Kane. What a horrid character. Always negative and always giving others a hard time. And playing the victim. Total downer.

When Brooke was with TK, that was well before Bree. I remember having the thought she was kind of good for him. She looked out for him. She knew when he was getting messed with and backed him up. They complimented well. I miss her - what a great character.

• Members

I disagree about Kane. I usually hate most child/teenager characters, but Kane never comes off as a brat to me. KJ Apa has everything going for him; he can act, sing, play the guitar and is beautiful. There are already rumours of him leaving soon and when he does he has all the makings of becoming a star. If someone lesser was in the role, Kane might come off how terrible he seems to be to you, but Apa always rises above that stuff and makes me feel for him.

• Members

Yes I was going to mention that Joel Tobeck is the uncle of Geordie Holibar (and son of Liddy Holloway who played Rachel's mum).

As for the language, yes its sometimes shocks me what they can say at 7pm lol. The show has come a long way since the first episode when they weren't allowed to say 'placenta' lol.

• Members

Wendy and Nate don't owe Kane anything. Weird he feels entitled to judge them like that. Jimmy wants to go to an ATM? For his own money, or Kane's?

Dana's father - I'm curious. He's apparently even worse, as she did not believe he would ever talk to her.

So Harry has a girl now, lol. The dumbest thing he ever did - drink that leaf tea that almost killed him? Now he falls off a ladder. What a disaster that kid is.

I liked Lucy and Clementine going after those boys. Lucy takes no crap!