Great Psychos

• Members

I just thought I would put this here like this. Steve had started some of this over at SoapsWEB before he had to close it. So I am just going to lump here in one category what he got done. Others can add to the thread too if they want. He called this His Walk of Fame and just had some of his favorites from the world of soaps as he called it. I'll start here with what he called his favorite psychos.

- Gilbert

Ray Gardner (All My Children)

Portrayed by Gil Rogers off and on from 1977 to 1983.

TadJennyNolaRayL.jpg

Jenny, Tad, Ray, & Nola when Ray haunted Tad in 1994

Ray Gardner was a rotten apple to the core. He abused his former wife Opal throughout their marriage. We first see him in 1977 when he came to Pine Valley sniffing around respectable Martins for cash. Years earlier he abandoned his oldest son, Tad, in a park. Figuring he would exact his revenge on the Martins, he showed up to terrorize a 15 year old Tad and raped Tad's adoptive mother Ruth Martin, brutally assaulting her.

He was apprehended when Estelle La Tour, a hooker, recognizied him and alerted the authorities. He was apprehended by Phil Brent who was knocked unconscious by the loathesom Gardner. He was then stabbed by another despicable character, Billy Clyde Tuggle. Ray was finally sent to prison for rape.

Ray found a way to escape by digging an escape tunnel with his cell mate and then turning him in to look like a hero. Now he was determined to make the Martins pay for sending him to prison. He held Edna Thornton, Chuck and Donna Tyler hostage. The police caught up to him once more and he was carted back to prison.

A few years later his daughter Jenny Gardner paid him a visit in prison and questioned him about his vendetta against the Martins. After his release, he coersed a frightened Opal into giving him a job at the Glamorama, while building a bomb with the intent of blasting the Martins sky high! Ray was seriously hurt when the bomb acidentally went off. Afterward Ray feigned the loss of his sight.

Ray still held on to his spiteful ways and built yet another bomb, this time set to go off on New Years Eve. Ray realized that Jenny was inside the Martins house and carried the bomb away as it exploded!

After all of his hateful deeds, Ray managed to get into heaven. Because he died saving Jenny's life, it was considered a selfless act. Years later in 2001, Gillian Andrassy met Ray Gardner and other former Pine Valley residents when she passed away.

Alison Perkins (One Life to Live)

BarbaraGarrick.jpg

Allison Perkins 101

Allison Perkins, an insane and murderous enemy of the Buchanans, is back on OLTL. She's armed with a secret that she says could destroy the family. Here's a recap on some of the havoc Allison has wrought:

Under cult leader Mitch Laurence's orders, his disciple Allison kidnapped newborn Jessica Buchanan from her parents, Viki and Clint. Weeks later, Allison was in a car accident and fell into a coma. Shortly after, baby Jessica was returned to the family.

Allison, now awake from her coma, dropped a bombshell on Viki, Jessica and the Buchanans: Jessica wasn't Clint and Viki's daughter! Natalie Balsom, Jessica's blue collar classmate, was. Allison explained how she stole infant Natalie from Llanfair shortly after birth—but infant Jessica was the one returned. Viki refused to believe it, but a DNA test between Viki and Natalie proved they were mother and daughter.

Allison's plan was to get half of Natalie's money for reuniting mother and daughter. When Natalie actually started to feel a part of the Buchanan family, she told Allison her cash was off limits.

Allison went on the run. With the cops closing in, she took Viki (in her Niki persona) hostage. Allison was captured, but the shootout with the authorities left Ben Davidson, Viki's husband, in a coma. Allison was placed in St. Ann's, a mental institution.

Some months later, the full extent of Allison's manipulations were revealed: Viki was actually the mother of Natalie AND Jessica. Natalie's father was Clint, while Jessica's father was Mitch, who had raped Viki. Allison had lied about Jessica not being Viki's child.

Allison is back with a new secret about Jessica and the Buchanans. What is it?

(bio from ABC Hotsheet)

Billy Clyde Tuggle (All My Children)

portrayed by Matthew Cowles, 1977-1980, 1984, 1989-1990

Billy Clyde Tuggle a.k.a John Henry Rockefeller was a pimp who pimped out Donna & Estelle. Thought to be the daughter of Donna and Benny, Emily Ann Sago was actually the daughter of Billy & Estelle. Billy raped Estelle in 1980, and then buried her alive; he was later sent to jail. Romanced Dixie and eventually abducts Dixie and holes her up in a cabin for several days. Billy Clyde eventually dies when he went over a bridge in a struggle with Tad Martin.

BillyClydeTuggle.jpg

billy_donna.jpg Billy Clyde & Donna

DixieBillyClyde.jpg Dixie & Billy Clyde

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't ask the writers!

It's still fascinating to me that in spite of his slightly comical appearance, Billy Clyde could be terrifying.

Allison was also very interesting. I was watching some of the 1986 VickRobCal put up, and in those, Allison is often conflicted, a voice of reason. When the fabulously insane character played by Alice Haining led the charge to burn Cassie and Rob Coronal at the stake, Allison was the only one in the group who tried to stop them. Then later on, after Jessica was born, she tried her best to not go through with the plan, but Mitch's post-hypnotic suggestion forced her to do so. Then she went to Viki to tell her the truth, but she was accidentally run over and sent into a coma.

Her returns since then have been campy fun but the early Allison is also a very complicated and surprisingly sympathetic character.

• Members

Keith Whitney (The Edge of Night)

2vl65wg.jpgegrac1.jpg

FIRST APPEARANCE:August 1970

LAST APPEARANCE:December 3, 1971

PERFORMER:Bruce Martin (1970-71).

EXIT:Dying at Geraldine's feet after falling down the tower stairs.

LAST LINE: "Preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States...no!"

ALIAS:Jonah Lockwood, a bearded hippie from Atlanta, Georgia.

BIRTHDAY: January 1945

RELATIONSHIPS: Stacy Kendall (fiance). Laurie Ann Karr (fiance, as Jonah Lockwood).

MEDICAL HISTORY:Suffered from schizophrenia. Injured in a car accident just prior to first appearance.

OTHER WHEREABOUTS: St. Elenora. Mexico.

RELATIVES:

Geraldine Whitney

Despite his cruelty and violence, Geraldine loved Keith more than anyone else in the world. She understood his emotional insecurity, and although she was powerless to change his fate, she remained a devoted mother. Regardless of his sins, Geraldine stood steadfastly by her son's side, concealing numerous crimes... including murder.

Gordon Whitney

Keith and Gordon never achieved a good father/son relationship. As a child, Keith was largely ignored by his father, who was always preoccupied with work. Gordon denied Keith's sadistic nature and was completely oblivious to the numerous murders his son committed.

Colin Whitney

Keith and Colin never shared a close brotherly relationship. Keith always felt inferior to his older brother and burned with jealousy for Colin's accomplishments. As a child, Keith once locked Colin in the tower at Hawley Farms, the Whitney summer estate. Colin stated that Keith quite literally left him to die. As adults, Colin had no respect for Keith's drinking, womanizing, and irresponsible behavior. The one-sided competition between the two lasted until the day Keith died.

Tiffany Whitney

When not trading bitchy barbs, Keith and Tiffany generally avoided one another.

VICTIMS

Suella Duval

Keith met Suella Duval on St. Elenora, a small island in the Caribbean. Deeply religious, she refused to sleep with him until he married her. Later, Keith returned to Monticello without bothering to divorce his native wife. After he became engaged to vacuous debutante Stacy Kendall, Geraldine instructed him to rid himself of Suella. He did...by drowning her.

Dr. Jim Fields

Jim and Keith knew one another years before on the island of St. Elenora while serving together in the medical corps. After Keith arrived in Monticello, Jim posed a threat because he knew about Keith's secret marriage to Suella Duval. Keith plotted to kill him.

Rosella Gray

A former fiance of Jim Fields, Rosella returned to Monticello intent on rekindling their relationship. She slipped into his apartment one night, crawled into his bed, and planned to seduce him. Unfortunately, it was the same night Keith decided to eliminate Jim, whom Keith feared would recognize his Jonah Lockwood disguise. Keith broke into Jim's apartment and stabbed the figure in the bed, mistakenly killing Rosella.

Neil Davenport

Keith respected Professor Davenport, who was Colin Whitney's campaign manager. Davenport was Keith's first choice to manage his own political bid in 1972. However, Neil uncovered information implicating Keith in Suella Duval's murder. Keith was forced to kill him.

Dr. Charles Weldon

Keith's uncle Dr. Charles Weldon faked Keith's death in a car crash and signed the death certificate. When Keith returned to Monticello under the guise of Jonah Lockwood, he blackmailed Charles into helping him. Although contemptuous of one another, Charles went along with his nephew's schemes. When Charles realized that Keith was responsible for several deaths, he refused to help him any longer. Fearing Charles would expose him, Keith pushed Charles to his death from a tower.

Tango Humphries

While pretending to be Jonah Lockwood, Keith became involved with Laurie Karr's roommate Tango Humphries. Tango accidentally discovered Jonah's true identity as Keith Whitney. She blackmailed him for money, and when he grew weary of it, he drugged her coffee then pushed her out a fifth floor window.

Nancy Karr

Keith first encountered Nancy on St. Elenora when she arrived to investigate the death of Suella Duval. He placed a scorpion in her bed to scare her off the island. Months later in Monticello, he was forced to make further attempts on her life when she found proof that he killed Tango. In his Jonah Lockwood guise, he drugged Nancy then tied her to the steering wheel of a car in an exhaust-filled garage.

Laurie Ann Karr

Keith met Laurie at a Whitney dinner party in August 1970. She was alternately disgusted and attracted to his brash behavior. A week later, everyone thought Keith died in a fiery car crash. At a political rally that Fall, Laurie met a bearded hippie named Jonah Lockwood. Unbeknownest to her, Jonah was actually Keith Whitney in disguise. He encouraged Laurie's rebellion against her parents Mike and Nancy Karr, and became completely obssessed with Laurie's innocence. After he was forced to disappear as Jonah, he returned to Monticello as Keith Whitney. Eventually, Laurie realized that Keith and Jonah were the same man. He took her to the family's summer estate, reluctantly planning to kill her. While attempting to throw her from the same tower where he murdered Charles, Keith fell to his death down a flight of stairs.

Source of Bio: The Edge of Night Home Page

• Members

Alma Rudder (Another World)

2ce15z6.jpg

First Appearance: June 1982

Last Appearance: May 1983

Portrayer: Elizabeth Franz, June 1982 - May 1983.

Arrival: Came to avenge her brother's death.

Cause of Death: Accidentally stabbed herself while struggling with Jeanne Ewing (RIP).

Other Whereabouts: Claxton, Wyoming.

Relatives: Buzz Winslow (RIP), brother.

Legal History: Terrorized and kidnaped Blaine Ewing Cory.

Former Occupations: Posed as Cory housekeeper while planning revenge on Blaine.

Source: Another World Home Page

Those were either his favorite 5 or just all he got posted.

• Members

Wow, what great memories. I remember Rosella Gray being killed (accidentally!) in Jim Fields bed clearly even though I haven't thought about it in years. It was shortly after this that I stopped watching EON. (I retired as a veteran of 15 LOL) I remember the early Whitneys (Geraldine, Colin, Keith), but never saw the later ones, like Sky.

But if we were to list great psychos from EON, you can't top Stephanie Martin, who had everyone in Monticello wanting her dead. Nicole was tried for her murder. Stephanie was played by Alice Hirson, who later played Ellen DeGeneres' mother on her sitcom.

• Members

I'm curious to hear what Steve would have said about Olive Randolph from AW. Ha ve you come across anything, Gilbert?

And Alma Rudder. It's hard for me to believe her stay on AW was so brief. She left quite an impression on me.

• Members

Soap Boy, These are just part of what Steve intended. There were a lot more to it I'm sure.

T.C. I will look over at SoapsWEB but I know I have that character's name and probably Steve talked about her over there. They used to have some really deep convos over there about stuff and characters. Another World a lot.

Archived