The New Year's Diet & Fitness Support Thread

Matt

• Members

Considering the number of New Year's resolutions to lose weight, get in shape, yadda yadda, I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread so that those of us working on those things can help each other track our progress, give tips and advice, and generally be supportive of one another. I'm just getting started, so I'll go first....

Height: 5'9"

Weight: just stepped on the scale today and I'm 167lbs (give or take a few depending on time of day)

Pants size: 32" (granted, it depends on the style and cut of pants, but this is generally accurate)

History: I've *never* been really in shape, but I've come close a couple of times. A few years back, I was a little over 190lbs. I went on a diet and started working out and dropped, in a matter of months mind you, to 150lbs. Before it was over, I was down to 142lbs. and could fit into a pair of 28" jeans. I was smaller than I was when I was a freshman in HS. I was 30 and passing for 18 (rotlfmao). I also had a tan that summer and, needless to say, I had mucho fun that summer B) . I ended up having to busy a social life to make it to the gym and I gained a bit of weight back, but I still hovered around 155lbs and stayed that way for quite a while. While out of work for 2 months in between jobs, I gained a whopping 20lbs. back and have been fighting is ever since. A year ago, I was approaching 180lbs. and wasn't the least bit happy about it, so I started working out again and got back down into the upper 150s (and was back into my 30" pants again). Unfortunately, work got busy (and I ran out of money for my gym membership thanks to spending too much on partying B) ) and I've since gained a bit of that back since late summer (but not as much as I'd feared I would). I also had a really nice tan this summer for the first time in eons. Now, in the new year, I'm determined to finish up what I started last year. Spring/Summer is only a few months away and I *really* want to be buff by my 35th b-day in August. I need to eat clean like I was last summer (nothing white, no sugar, lots of chicken, low and healthy carbs, and 5-6 times a day) and be dedicated to hitting the gym roughly 3 times a week (can't seem to find the time for more than that).

So far... I've gotten myself stocked up on egg whites for breakfast, protein shakes and nutrition bars for snacks and a couple of those 5-6 meals, and lots and lots of chicken. I've also picked up a bottle of highly recommended metabolism booster pills (since I have no metabolism <_< ). Gawd, I miss effedra! I reactivated my tanned bed membership yesterday (even though I haven't been since Aug., I stll have tanlines :blink: ) and spent over $140 (for excellent bronzing/tanning lotion and unlimited time in the beds that will tan you but with low risk of burning since I'm so naturally fair skinned). Today, I need to hit the Y and join up there instead of the gym I was at since the Y is only 5 minutes from my apartment. I want at least the beginnings of a Falcon body by summer. :P

And, just for the record, none of this has anything to do with health. :lol: It's all about the fact that I'm a Leo, I like positive attention, I tend to enjoy getting naked in public, and looking good helps you get laid (not that I've ever had any trouble anyway B) ).

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm right there with you. I was told to lose some weight because it puts stress on my currently degenerating joints. I'm 5'5" and weigh about 155. My weaknesses are sweets, bread and soda. If I could eliminate those three, I'd probably be in good shape. As for exercise, I have to be careful because of recurring injuries (that darn joint disorder again).

• Members

Height: 5'7

Weight: 218

History: I've always been overweight, but my doctor was very adamant about me losing weight. In two months, I did lose 12 lbs., which was tough in and of itself, but right now I'm finding it even tougher to just break that 215 mark. What makes it hard is that I don't have free access to a gym as I do at school, but I will be dancing twice a week. My major weaknesses are ice cream, soda, and M&Ms.

Archived