P90X- Does it really work?

Eric83

• Members

Ok so I have been packing on alot of weight, and saw this P90X infomercial and I am thinking of getting it. Money isnt really the issue (I got a special hookup where I can get it for real cheap. LOL), im just trying to see if it is really worth my time. Anyone on here used/uses it or know anyone who has? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks. :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did the original Power 90 (which you may also want to consider if you haven't worked out in a while), it does work as long as you stay committed and don't half-ass the workouts. I've seen some people in the gym exercising with such horrible form, going through the motions (poorly), I can't imagine that they ever get results. But I have some friends who've done P90X, or should I say, at least started to. All that crazy cardio is what burns people out, and I'm not really into all of those wacky moves and such, but I guess that's what makes it so effective. The original Power 90 is easier and more straightforward.

• Members

As of today, I finished Phase 1 of the program. I haven't seen results on the scale, but I'm pretty lean to begin with. I just wanted to get into shape. I do find that I have a lot more strength than I did before I purchased it. I think it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yeah, and I guess I'm boring and traditional, but I like good old fashioned sets and reps. I'm not really into all that boppin' around. Have you guys seen the infomercial for "Insanity"? It's also by Beach Body, it's only 60 days though and super intense. To me, Insanity would be good if you were already bulked up, or in whatever desired muscle size you were going for, yet still had a nice layer of fat covering. I say that because in the infomercial there were some guys who were still on the skinny side at the end of the 60 days, they didn't really bulk, but everybody had super cut, revealed abs. Seems like a good pre-summer program.

Archived