Call this acting?

Sylph

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also laughed at woodentop! :lol:

I wish was done more often, not just with acting, but generally writing about attitudes of people who aren't regular viewers but decide to on assignment or something else.

I know I've posted a Telegraph article from a while ago in the DTS section about one of their journalists deciding to watch with his wife and finding it much better than he thought it would be. I think it was Corrie.

• Members

I remember that earlier article...

This was from 2007 or so I'm guessing from the names used? Wasn't that when Eastenders was still in a sharp decline? (I haven't kept up so I have no idea what people think of it now...) Anyway what a fascinating piece, from the few actors I know (mainly Corrie--I watched a lot back then), I agree with many of their comments, though not all. Their take on Hollyoaks is essentially what I've always taken from it, I admit. (I never saw Patsy Kensit in Emmerdale--I always think of her as the lead singer of Eith Wonder and their fun club hit I'm Not Scared ;) )

Poor Emma Barton, though that fits basically with what I've seen of her. I know she's had some theatre success since then... (to be fair, from the 3 months of Eastenders I followed when we briefly got it here again last year--I believe it was from 2006 or 2007, her character was horribly conceived)

It sounds a bit mean, as I like Antony Cotton on Corrie fine, but the fact that he's playing nearly exactly his Queer as Folk character (ok, who has now somewhat mellowed) makes me, I admit, wonder about his actual acting talent. I know he won that soap singing contest a while back, but I never saw to see if he's as campy in real life.

Archived