New time for pre-empted ABC soaps in D.C.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same here....I don't have SOAPnet (well I could, but I am not about to shell out a lot more money for dozens of channels I don't want just to get it), and have watched many an episode of OLTL on Youtube when I would miss them on ABC (before they started uploading them on their website).

OLTL has a couple of good posters who are pretty faithful about uploading eppys. to Youtube too.

• Members

You know, I would have enjoyed that too (although that's when I was still in high school and had to be up quarter to six). I'm such a night owl now it's funny to look back and remember that it wasn't until my junior or senior year when I'd still be up for Letterman. I don't remember if it was O.J. or 9/11, but I recall a few surreal moments waking up in the middle of the night and seeing Victor and Nikki on my screen, but I would have napped and woken back up for The City if they'd aired it late nights in my area. Aargh, wouldn't 13 Bourbon St. have been so much fun??

• Members

I was in grades 10-11 when City aired, but I guess I was staying up till 1am or so then (I usually managed to not have a class first thing in the morning...)

And yes, this is yet another reason I think the idea of 13 Bourbon would be great. There's that article in the City thread about how many stations reported a spike in ratings when they showed it at midnight as opposed to 11:30 or 12:30--and that makes sense to me--it was a largely youth oriented soap--that's hwen the audience would check it out. (when NBC put Sunset Beach for a year or so at the end of their latenight schedule--at 1:30 or whatever, I wonder how it did)

Archived