The Soapgeist 1/25/10

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The SAG Awards have absolutely the best "In Memoriam" segments of any award shows, and it was great to see Phil Carey (as a young film actor and as Asa) recognized. The lack of an "In Memoriam" section on the Daytime Emmys has been absolutely shameful, of course. It's unbelievable that the passings of Bev McKinsey and Eileen Herlie would not be mentioned on an industry telecast.

• Members

I was happy (that doesn't seem like the right word :( ) to at least see them listed in the In Memoriam section of the magazine SAG members get. That goes through pension and health, so there's no respective person on that list, though they highlight three or four "major" stars. I do agree though that it's shameful that the Daytime Emmys made no mention of these ladies. Thank God people like Vincent Irizarry give respectful shout outs.

• Members

Right, I was gonna say, JM was still very busy with leading Broadway and film roles in '56 he wouldn't have had the time to do a soap regularly. It wasn't till he semi retired from dancing in his 40s he did non dancing, acting roles heavily like persuing soaps (in fact '56 was either the year or a year after he did the Oklahoma! film).

Shocking that Nelson would get his AMC facts wrong though... :rolleyes:

Archived