November 6, 200916 yr Member NEW YORK -- CBS Corp. remains in talks with Oprah Winfrey about the future of her syndicated daytime talk show, with Winfrey set to make a decision by year's end. Asked about the future of the show, CBS CEO Leslie Moonves said Thursday that CBS has it locked up through "most of 2011" and is "in constant conversations" with its star. "She's a legend," and the company would like to keep a relationship with her, he said. "We will probably know in a couple of months. We're in dialogue." A spokesman for Winfrey's Harpo Prods. also said that she has not made a decision yet. "As she has previously stated, she'll be making an announcement before the end of the year," he added. Earlier in the day, a blog report had said Winfrey had decided to move the talk show to Discovery Communications and Harpo's joint venture, OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, once the CBS deal expires.<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ib703f02e7add82793315b8dba64a4aef
November 6, 200916 yr Member I'm ready for syndication to change and move on from Oprah. CBS/Paramount has a rough next five to ten years ahead. Pat, Vanna, and Alex can't feed everyone's mouths forever. And neither can Oprah. But I do think Oprah will fail outside of Syndication.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.