Writer punished by WGA West

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. Someone outed him to either steal the job promised to him or to keep the job they didn't want to lose. I can't find anything out about this guy, so I have to assume he was either a former intern or someone connected to a producer/"fi-core" writer through some sort of charitable foundation.

Most alleged scabs were protected this time around, as they were in 1988. It just took longer for their names to appear in the credits.

And what happened to Kermit and Miss Piggy at the Hourglass Show? Are they getting the same treatment by the WGA?

• Members

Yup. Yup. I will always be against any kind of scabbing and you were one of the firsts to warn about scabbing and its consequences, but this is really low and pathetic. Poor guy, I do feel sorry for him. And as we predicted, the ones that should've been punished got out of it unharmed.

I would like to know that, too!

• Members

The guy, more than likely, had no connections to the industry and just took the producer/writer's word on the issue of discretion instead of really examining if he was being told the truth or if this was the route he wanted to take to work as a television writer. He was probably outed by the scab/fi-core writer so they could have a scapegoat. Well, he's paying the price for it now.

I actually want to know what show he was writing. I bet anything it was Y&R(probably another one of Sarah Palin's talentless art/fashion friends) or DAYS.

• Members

It was naïve. He brings naïve to a whole new level. Still, it's kind of sad... Who knows what kind of dreams he had.

I'm thinking it was Days. But who knows, perhaps Toups knows his name from the credits... Of the ton of scabs who worked during the strike, it's pathetic to see only this guy being punished. So many others deserve it so much more.

• Members

Can you please explain what you mean? I'm reading that sentence in two different ways. I haven't had any caffeine yet.

:lol: It actually sounds like a Muppet show.

ETA: Oh, yeah. My thoughts... My feelings will always go out to the sacrificial lamb. I've been there.

• Members

I'll try...

What I mean is, once the strike was over in 1988, shows like Another World, that used scab writers, immediately saw new names in the closing credits. Probably from the day they could all legally work, i.e. Donna Swajeski, Janet Iacobuzio, and Mimi Leahey, if I remember correctly.

Whereas with the 2008 Strike, new names only began popping up after only a few months later(i.e. Jay Gibson, Adam Dusevoir, Shannon Bradley, Daran Little[?]). I could have sworn there was a new name in the GH credits post-strike. A female name. Maybe I'm making it up.

Well, it is Days of our Lives.

:(

• Members

Probably.

I feel less sorry for him, knowing that he has a job as a backup anyway and that he was probably trying to stage some sort of coup. So he was a (former?)WGA member and tried to do it without declaring fi-core? Gotta love it.

He deserved it, but so does everyone else who did it on the sly.

Archived