Another World

• Members

You're welcome! I find the voiceover over the end credits/theme can be a real gold mine when you are trying to date episodes.

Funnily enough, while I was poking around for old TV listings, I thought I was getting somewhere when I found a picture of Sharon Gabet on this page and then I realised that this was for the following week instead. But there was a fall preview that had a little section on Another World but the page is oddly cropped and I don't think that the jade Buddhas mentioned at the top of the next column are part of the AW plot (although since they jumped from Egypt to Arizona who knows what kind of broken telephone might have been happening).

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

AFAIK her podcast is still on all available platforms. However, this is not the first time that Spotify has been up to date & other platforms have not. Yes, Spotify has a free option. I use it free & I don't feel like I'm missing anything. And, you know better than that. Any real sincere question is a valid question! The only time there's a stupid question is when someone is playing games & none of us do that here. 

I wish that Instagram had not changed it so you have to have an acct to see what is there. I have an IG acct, it's not that. There are just fewer places where one can just be a guest. 

• Members

For any of us old enough to remember -- name 3 or 4 pre-1979 Another World characters you think should have returned to the show anytime after 1985.  Not at the same time, but in separate storylines.  

I'll go first.  Gerald Davis, Pamela Davis, Sven Petersen, Missy Matthews.  (Pamela Davis would not technically be a return to AW, but she was a regular on Somerset)

• Members

There have been episodes randomly going away from youtube. I am giving everyone heads up... maybe the COPYRIGHT nazis are active again. I am so sad some of the 1991-1992 episodes got deleted before I was able to see them.

Download anything you can just to be sure.

• Members

Pam Davis I think was talked about coming back in the 80's.  Someone out here said they read they were looking to cast the role for Pammy to return to Bay City.  Wasn't she in AW for a short time?  Sam Lucas should have at least come back when Ada died.  Not so much Missy Matthews but at least her son to live with Liz Matthews.  Molly Ordway, to stir up trouble with her sister Frankie Frame.  Michael Randolph with the role he was supposed to play in the 70's

• Members

According to the AWHP she appeared on AW on a few days in the spring of 1970.

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/spinoffs.html

I thought there had been some speculation here that the casting notice for Pammy in the 1980s was actually a cover for recasting Iris. Hard to know without other evidence but it doesn't seem entirely implausible. Could also be they were looking for an antagonist for Rachel and could have gone either way.