Dutch Soap: GTST

DutchViewer

• Members

GTST (Goede Tijden Slechte Tijden) is the longest running soap in the Netherlands. It debuted on October 1st, 1990. The show is based on the Australian soap The Restless Years, but they started writing their own scripts when one of the characters who was very popular in the Dutch version died in the Australian version.

Current cast:

Selmorst.jpg

Laura Selmorst (played by Jette van der Meij, 1990-). She's the only original cast member still on the show.

Alberts family:

FamilieAlberts.jpg

Jef Alberts (Bartho Braat, 1991-) and Noud Alberts (Ruud Feltkamp, 2006-).

Sanders family:

FamilieSanders.jpg

Ludo Sanders (Erik de Vogel, 1995-), Janine Elschot (Caroline de Bruijn, 1992-), Nina Sanders (Marly van der Velde, 2005-), Maxime Sanders (Marjolein Keuning, 2008-) and Nick Sanders (Christophe Haddad, 2003-2009).

Fischer family:

FamilieFischer.jpg

Barbara Fischer (Charlotte Besijn, 1999-) and Charlie Fischer (Lieke van Lexmond, 2002 recurring, 2003-).

Huygens family:

FamilieHuygens.jpg

Martijn Huygens (Peter Post, 2008-), Irene Huygens (Anita Donk, 2008-), Ronja Huygens (Alexandra Alphenaar, 2008-) and Dex Huygens (Emiel Sandtke, 2008-).

De Jong family:

FamilieDeJong.jpg

Rik de Jong (Ferri Somogyi, 1995–2002, 2003 recurring, 2004 recurring, 2007-) and Danny de Jong (Jan Kooijman, 2009-).

Van Houten family:

FamilieVanHouten.jpg

Jack van Houten (Mark van Eeuwen, 2005-) and Sjors Langeveld (Inge Schrama, 2003-). Langeveld is Sjors' adopted name.

Other characters:

Others.jpg

Bing Mauricius (Everon Jackson Hooi, 2005-), Lorena Gonzalez (Gigi Ravelli, 2007-) and Vicky Pouw (Liza Sips, 2007-2009). These characters don't have family members in the cast right now. Bing's mother died this season and Vicky's father moved to Australia. Lorena's mother is a recurring character (housekeeper for the Sanders family).

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Elizabeth Hubbard (Lucinda, As the World Turns) is going to play a guest role on Goede Tijden Slechte Tijden (Good Times Bad Times). She's going to play Sair Poindexter. She's the mother of the character Irene Huygens (played by Anita Donk). Sair is an American sexologist.

Elizabeth is looking forward to her gig on GTST:

"I am very excited to be joining such a distinguished cast on such a popular show. I already feel welcomed by my new Dutch family and I look forward to all the upcoming challenges. This is an actors dream and I can't wait to get started."

Besides the mother of Irene, Sair is also the grandmother of Ronja (Alexandra Alphenaar) and Dex (Emiel Sandtke). The kids can't wait to see their grandmother again. Irene is less enthusiastic. She has a love/hate relationship with her mother. Elizabeth starts filming on Monday, June 1st. Her first airdate is Thursday, July 2nd.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

This show is currently a favourite of mine. The Lucas/Edwin storyline has me hooked with all the twists and turns.

The recent episodes where Edwin finally declared his love for Lucas and their subsequent lovemaking were a delight to watch.

American, British and Australians soaps would do well to be as brave as RTL4 have been in the Netherlands.

Archived