ATWT: Time To Get Your Crap Together!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ATWT has to do enough to keep itself out of last place, but I don't think the current HW/EP are capable of doing it that.

As for another channel picking up GL, there are several factors that make it unlikely. What channels other than one of the networks would be accessible enough to GL's core viewers? NBC and ABC surely aren't picking it up and CW and MyNetworkTV couldn't handle it. PGP is fighting to save GL, but I don't think they can succeed.

• Members

If they truly want ATWT to live, they need to take a long, long, long look at themselves and light a fire underneath their own asses. It's time to get effing serious if they want to keep the show on the air. If not, we're going to be talking about the death of a 54-year-old institution this time next year.

• Members

I don't know about that.

The last problem with ATWT is the production, if you ask me, and that will continue even if they shoot in bathrooms and truck stops for the rest of their run.

I hope these production cuts will mean they finally dump McCouch, Marie Wilson, and Roger Howarth.

• Members

It'd be a dream come true, but there's no way it's going to happen. For the past few years, JP has shown her obsession with Paul and Meg and we haven't had a break from them since.

At one point, the couple had a pretty large fanbase but I think they have alienated most of them by making the characters almost unrecognizable. It's for this reason and so many more than JP needs to be let go... and now.

• Members

Goutman and Passanante needs to go. Leah Laiman,her co HW needs to go along with Script Editor Courtney Simon.

ATWT has some good staff writers. Maybe they could try to rehire some from before,ie Melissa Salmons,Stephanie Braxton,etc.

Drop Paul Ryan and Vienna Hyatt!

Those that are on front burner now-move them off. Mix them up and have them play with other characters.

Restore Henry Coleman to what he was under Sheffer. Jean has ruined this character.

Bring back Martha Byrne. (You didn't think I wasn't going to say that did you?)

Break up Nuke and give Luke some maturity. Bring on someone else for Luke. Maybe someone with ties to a Hughes or Stewart.

Bring back some Hughes,Stewarts and Snyders. Blatantaly rip off a page out of Y&R 's playbook and use the vets and use the history. Use those actors along with Maria Wagner and Vivian Gundaker and others who have seniority with the show and let them have some imput.

Do NOT hire Ellen Wheeler or David Kreizman!

• Members

Do you think with the news of GL being cancelled that ATWT has any chance of survival? You are in denial if you think so. ATWT numbers would have to hit the roof in the key demos. I don't see that happening with the crap Goutman is feeding us now. The Nuke story which I caught part of today was awful. Who were those two awful newbies?? They make Silberman look like an Oscar winner.

• Members

I'm not in denial. I'm clearly aware of the danger and that there's a very good chance the show will be cancelled next year. Almost definitely. I've just not heard it be said with such finality as you did; and I was questioning it, is all.

I thought today was good and I think Jake Silbermann is a fine actor.

Archived