SOD Spoilers...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love David being Bo's son because I can't wait to see Dorian's reaction. that is going to be so priceless when she realizes yet again she is missing out on the Buchanan fortune and she doesn't have her home anymore either.

It is going to be so good to watch her climb her way up again.

This offers so much more story than him being Asa's son. So blame Carlivati all you want but he is being smart. This opens up the story for a long time to come.

• Members

If Tuc were staying on the show then I might enjoy seeing Bo try to accept him as a son, but Tuc is leaving again, isn't he? If viewers have sat through months of this Buddhist storyline and of the Buchanans behaving in such an arrogant manner, and then we get a comedy reveal of David's true paternity, followed by David leaving town again and Dorian back to square one, Bo just back to the drugs story, then they've wasted time they could have spent on building the characters.

• Members

Is it just me, or does it seem a lot of Carlivati's stories wind up being all build-up to an ending that is really disappointing. I mean the rapemance? Was anyone pleased with that payoff, and now Marty barely mentions Todd anymore, she's on to longing for McBain? Now the whole Buchanan empire thing? First it was disappointing that Nora wrestled control back from Dorian with so little effort. Now it seems this whole David is a Buch will be wrapped up relatively quickly after two years? I admit I feel very let down.

The stories themselves are pretty good, but then the ending is always a wtf moment for me.

• Members

Yeah, it's like nobody in the writer's room ever bothers to ask, "okay, but what happens after that?!". It doesn't seem like they ever have an answer to that question. Todd/Marty is a perfect example. All the build-up, liked it or hated it, was intense and so was the initial reveal and fallout but now it's already a memory and nothing's really changed in either character's life as a result of something so massive. Marty is still a shell with little or no memory. Todd is the town pariah...again, but doesn't seem to have learned anything. And worst of all, the once fascinating "What if?" dynamic that infused Todd & Marty's scenes together for years is now gone. Their downright gothic love/hate-attraction/revulsion for each other has been totally neutered and it already doesn't feel worth it and it's only been a few months.

Are they even gonna bother picking up the narrative of Jessica & Natalie's relationship? Are they gonna address David's "conversion" apparently being so shallow and meaningless or was it really as lame a joke as it seemed? Will Charlie & Viki ever again be used as anything other than breathing furniture in group scenes?

Archived