Pics of the Covers of SOW and SOD!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FULL credit to BeeBeeOne at Soap City!

John and Gloria

Gloria has been skating on thin ice with John for months as one lie after another is exposed. So far, her hubby has been forgiving, but Gloria's final-and biggest secret may be the last straw: She's still married to Terrible Tom. Gloria is too busy basking in the afterglow of Michael's beautiful wedding to fret over that, however. "John compliments Gloria on what a fabulous job she did, and she feel like she has arrived in Genoa City society," previews Juith Chapman (Gloria). "She then goes out feeling on top of the world."

While Glo is gone, a letter arrives at the Abbott house for John, The author? Tom. In the missive, he spills the beans that he is still Gloria's legal spouse.

"Lo and behold, she comes back to the house all happy," says Chapman. "She has no idea that John has read this letter. He comes in and hands it to her, and she realizes that the chickens have truly come home to roost."

For once, Gloria doesn't dive into creative explanations. "She doesn't try to deny anything or argue." chuckles Chapman. "She looks around and goes, "Okay, I'm out." She doesn't try to justify anything with John. She just tells him that she didn't know that she and Tom were still married, but he just says, "Be Quiet and Listen to me." John does not give her a chance to say anything."

The peeve patriarch then summons Jack, Ashley and Kevin to the mansion and, with Gloria, present, announces a shocking decision.

Michael and Lauren

After finally tying the knot, Michael and Lauren go on their honeymoon: yachting off the coast of Florida. But they soon encounter troubled waters. "It's the first day of their honeymoon and she's very excited," sets up Tracey E. Bregman (Lauren). "But she's dying to read the book."

That would be her son, Scott's project, which he co-wrote with Sheila. Lauren does not know that the wacko is free from the mental hospital and has been working wiht clueless Scott. He presents the finished manuscript to his mom as a wedding present and now she's anxious to read it. "She tells Michael to go snorkeling without her just for today and he leaves with the captain," explains Breman. "There's a cook on the ship, but he has to go ashore to get some spices.So Lauren is left all alone with a radio to summon the captain if she needs anything."

Lauren peruses the page-turner and it isn't long before the story sounds awfully familiar. "She goes, 'Oh my God! This is my story!'" Bregman shares. "She's horrified. She's wondering how Scott could know all these details. Then comes the surprise."

Which is a stowaway named Sheila, who reveals herself. At first, Lauren thinks she's having another hallucination, but soon knows that she's facing the real deal---and realizes she's in grave danger.

"She tries to radio for help," says Bregman, "but then another surprise shows up....."

Looks GOOD!

• Members

I dont think I have bought Soap Opera Weely in years. I only would buy when there was an ATWT cover. Havent seen those in ages.

Soap Opera Digest is worse. I havent bought an SOD in a long long long time. It's way too expensive and to read about a soap I dont care about why buy it. I can just read it in the magazine rack at my local store for free.

• Members

Lesley Anne Down (Jackie), who was in contract negotiations with the sudser, refused to take a pay-cut which resulted in B&B refusing further negotiations. SOD reports that the actress as already cleared her dressing room and will not be back to tape since she has no contract with the show at the moment.

• Members

Well that sucks!! Lesley's a great actress and her chemistry with Joe Mascolo was excellent. She will be miissed.

Hopefully, BB realizes what precious talent they'r losing and offers her a contract to her liking. I wonder, though, how her departure will be explained....

Or will she be another John Dixon/Nikki Munson (ATWT) and simply walk off our screens without a farwell?!

Archived