DAYS: Weekly Discussion

• Members

I wanted to find a good video clip from a past Halloween on DAYS, but I couldn't find any. Most of the Halloween clips on YouTube are from the night Maggie was killed by the Salem Serial Killer. I don't want to post that one. :lol: I really wanted to find the video from 2002 of Sami and Kate going to the Cheatin' Heart on Halloween, dressed up, and dancing on the bar. It was classic!

Anyhoo, discuss!

Today's episode was good.

Molly Burnett continues to amaze me as Melanie. I really do enjoy her as an actress, and because of that, I'm enjoying her character, who could easily annoy me if not for Burnett being a capable actress to add layers to this character that could be really one-dimensional. She's just awesome.

I'm glad Max is starting to doubt Melanie's innocence. I mean, it wouldn't really be believable had Max continue to back Melanie up against Bo and Hope when it's become more and more clear that she could've been the one that killed Trent. Anyone would start to doubt that. It shows another side to Max, aside from the strong big brother type that he's been playing for the last couple weeks now.

Again, I have to say that Burnett is just amazing. She holds her own against Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso.

Lauren Koslow looked great today. I will always be interested and down for a Roberts family scene. I love that family and always will. I like how concerned Lucas and Philip are. They realize how serious this all is, despite Kate trying to sugar-coat it a bit. And I'm glad they had Lucas questioning Daniel's care rather than Philip. Instead, they had Philip defending Daniel sort of. It shows growth.

I still see no chemistry between Kate and Daniel, but whatever.

They really need to get Chelsea out of this storyline because she continues to annoy me. But I don't feel this way when she's in scenes with Nick and the younger characters. When she's in scenes with Daniel and Kate, and they continue this story of her being bitter about their relationship, she comes off as such a brat.

I enjoyed the scenes at Java Cafe with the Carvers. This is the way Theo's autism should be affecting Abe and Lexie as a couple. It's now believable, and with the mayor angle thrown in, it's great. I loved fierce Lexie emerging when that woman insulted Theo. I thought Lexie was going to grab her by the hair and take her down. Damn them for holding her back.

I also have to say that I'm enjoying the actor that plays Evan. I don't know if this is intended, but the writers seem to be trying to establish him as a character. First, he started off as just a Java Cafe worker, having scenes with some characters to give them their drinks. But then he was put into Abe's campaign storyline and he's been sharing scenes with the younger characters around his own age. I'd love for them to continue engraving his presence and making him a real character at some point.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While she's been a little overexposed the past 2 weeks, i'm really enjoying Melanie...I absolutely loved the way she went ridiculed Bo and Hope today, when evidence turned up that took attention off her...Those scenes were pretty fun..and i'm loving her interactions with Chelsea as well...She's just such a spitfire...

I liked how the tables turned from Melanie to Nicole today...So far i'm enjoying this murder mystery and just happy that Claude won't be the killer..

• Administrator

Hmmm......what was up with Philip/Steph today? That was weird that she just showed up at the K-mansion. Chem test maybe? I've wanted Philip/Steph for over a year now and they definitely would have a better story because of the history between their fathers.

Happy to see Galen Gering again. I miss Passions. :( Anyway, so far so good with Sami/Rafe. :)

• Members

I was wondering the same thing about Steph and Philip. I wasn't even sure they knew each other! ;) Friends? that was pushing it for me.

Loved seeing Galen. He really is hot!

I found it odd that EJ did such a 180 on Nicole. That was interesting. It is however extremely unbelievable that they turn their attention from Caroline having her fingerprints all over the knife and standing over Trent's dead body while she was full of blood, Melanie planting a wallet on Stephanie and being in the cemetary arguing with Trent, Max with Trent's blood all over his shirt to Nicole with a torn up marriage license, a bead from her dress and a letter from Trent. I guess it's back to throwing logic out the window while watching. Despite all that I am really enjoying this. I love suspense!

• Administrator

I still can't get into this Who Dunnit storyline. The suspects, the motives, the evidence, everything is just weak. I hope the killer is revealed soon and get this storyline over with and start the next chapter.

Anyone know the episode of when the killer is revealed? I just want to know the date, but not the identity of the killer. ;)

• Members

Well, she did bump into Philip last week after her breakup with Max. She unloaded on him a bit and he told her to let her know if she needed anything. Also, if you recall in September/October 2006, Stephanie had some scenes with Philip and was being sponsored by Kate's company. Kate and Stephanie had a conversation where Kate came right out and said she liked Stephanie and thought she would be perfect for her son. There is some history I guess. I do think it was a chem test though.

About the killer...you will start getting some hints next week with the official reveal coming the week of 11/10 going into the week of 11/17. It is a shocker :) .

I disagree about the motives being weak. Max hated him and he did a number on him. Melanie he pimped out and he disowned her and took advantage of her. He pushed both of them to the brink. Nick would do it to protect Melanie and Trent was threatening to reveal that Max was responsible for Nick getting the grant for his prototype and not Nick, which would mean he would lose his funding and his career would be in the toilet. Caroline would do anything to protect Max and to make sure Max did not kill Trent and ruin his own life. The motives are there and are very clear. I could see your argument if they were saying someone like Bo or Hope was a suspect but the major suspects do have logical and strong motives.

I also agree about Sami and Rafe. They were good today. I hope it works because a new direction is sorely needed.

• Members

I'm back to really enjoying the show...While the murder happened fast, i'm really enjoying the murder mystery...Love how the attention turned from Melanie to Nicole...EJ going off on Nicole today was delicious, and i thought she really deserved it...Also i liked how Nicole let the audience know that she wasn't the killer...

Phillip and Stephanie have a lot of potential and best of all there wouldn't be an incestuous vibe...And also their romance could pave the way for a Victor and Steve storyline dealing with their children dating..

Finally, loved the introduction of Rafe today..I think i'm going to enjoy his character a lot...And its been so refreshing having Sami away from Ej and Lucas...I'm back to fully enjoying Sami again..

• Administrator

Okay thanks.

Come on, those are weak motives. LOL Especially, Nick's! Like Nick would kill Trent over that. He's knew Melanie for about 1 week. And he's was gonna lose his funding! Oh no! :lol:

So sweet Caroline killed Trent before Max did so she could save Max? Like she couldn't find a better way? LOL

Melanie - her dad pimped her out. So your solution is to kill him?

Eh.....I'm just glad this Who Dunnit will be over soon. It's just a bad story.

Exactly.

Same here.

• Members

I watched the October 31st episode and I was pleasantly surprised. Sami is so much more tolerable away from Lucas and EJ, EJ and Nicole really interest me as a couple, and as for the potential between Stephanie and Philip, it's a pairing I'd LOVE to see. Has anyone noticed they're writing Philip very Chuck Bass-esque? The way he's speaking and JKJ's delivery of the lines has me thinking they're taking great inspiration from Chuck for Philip.

Best part of the episode for me was Bobby Glass from Popular as Sami's bodyguard, and I liked the introduction of Galen Gering as Rafe.

This was such a great episode, and guess what? No Chloe, no Chelsea, no Daniel, no boring Max/Stephanie scenes...maybe DAYS is on the way back to being watchable again. I may have to pick it up on a regular basis. It had a real 'old school' soap vibe, and I loved it.

Archived