OLTL: Discussion for the week July 14-18

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm hoping they did a new one when she came back and just haven't inserted it yet, or they did one for the 40th and included BK in it as well.

I truly hope tomorrow's show will be better, because I didn't like today's show at all.

• Members

Today was a good show for me. I liked it.

You saw how conflicted Antonio was upon learning that Carlo was Talia's father.

David Fumero is such a bad actor. Thank God he has amazing physical chemistry with Justis Boding's Sarah or else I would hate these two. But because of that, I love this couple and I don't mind seeing them as much as we do.

It's amazing how much I enjoy the character of John after hating him for so many years. I liked the John and Michael conversation today.

Rex and Delphina's scenes were hilarious. I'm glad she's sticking around for a bit.

Rex and Gigi :wub:

• Members

I also have to add that despite the "weak" episodes here and there, there's been a major event happen each week since the writers came back. There have been one-two episode "spans" where it's been quiet, but there has yet to be a full week that have left us all bored and frustrated.

• Members

Im not liking Marcie and how she's just willing to throw her marriage away the way she is. This is not the only chance she has to get a kid. She and Michael can always get a surrogate but she hasnt even entertained that thought.

• Members

Why are the OLTL episodes a week off? The 4th of July was a week late, and

? Wonder what happened? Five pre-emptions this year?

I liked today's show overall.

Was disappointed in the Carlo/Talia/Antonio fallout. Kamar got all fidgety and emoting like he does in "intense" scenes. Thom Christopher was enthralling as always, but Carlo's plan is still unclear. And there should be more suspicion from Antonio than this, seeing that Talia A.) disarmed him, and B.) gave the knife to her father, who then locked them up in the dungeon and left. Antonio's just fine with that? He just found out that the woman he's been growing interested in since 2006 is the daughter of his mortal enemy, and didn't tell him, and lured them all into a life-threatening trap... and he just hugs her and says there's nothing to be sorry for? You're in a DUNGEON. In MENDORRA. In a CAGE. Where's your perspective DETECTIVE Vega?

I was waiting for Antonio to relate to Talia with a little... "It's not quite the same... but I found out my father was a monstrous crime lord, and being the son of Manuel Santi went to my head for a little while and screwed me up, but I realized that I was not my father, I didn't have to be my father, and my life is the one I choose, not the one I was born into. So you don't have to let Carlo's choices define you and I won't define you by Carlo Hesser." Something along those lines. But no. And to think, Antonio already went through this when he fell in love with a girl who turned out to be the daughter of his OTHER mortal enemy, RJ Gannon. So you'd think he'd have a lot more to say about this whole thing.

Fumero had the flickering of acting today, but his scenes fell flat for me too. I wish there was better casting with the Vega brothers because the story IS kinda there.

Rex/Delphina was kind of weak. I don't like when Lavoisier plays comedy so heavy. The faces and the cadence of his voice. I get it was supposed to be campy and funny, but the scenes came off as very awkward to me. And does this mean that Delphina IS going to get an apartment in Llanview and stay??? Don't know if I like that possibility. When the psychic is creating the twists in storyline, I consider it lazy writing. But I guess it served to show the "woman Rex loves" is Gigi, and she gave him the hint on where to start looking for Bo. So whatever. Reserving total judgment. I'm still having trouble with the fact Carlotta would hire Gigi when Gigi was Adriana's chief rival over Rex, and Carlotta/Adriana were supposed to be close.

Todd/Cole was kind of interesting, and now Todd is stoking Cole's flames of vengeance. Interesting flip from their previous interaction.

Another role reversal, which was the most interesting thing about the episode for me, was Marcie/Starr. Starr, who looked up to Mrs. McBain as her teacher and a mother to Tommy that Starr used to babysit for, now sat in judgment of Marcie, holding almost complete power over Marcie's life, with Marcie yammering and stammering about being worthy to raise Starr's unborn child. I was VERY glad that they took a beat in the story for Starr to begin to realize her baby mess is going to have consequences that reach FAR beyond herself and the baby, since Starr is now directly responsible for a wedge (and possible collapse) of Marcie's marriage. The family she wanted to restore for Marcie is now in shambles (without Michael) and the safe home she wanted to give her baby is an uncertain future with a jobless single mother with questionable mental stability. What irony! And Starr's pretty much the cause of it all! I do wish Starr took more time now and went back to Blair and weighed all this out before just taking a breather in the bathroom and coming back with some pie-in-the-sky optimistic mantra that she believes this baby is meant to be born and meant to be raised by Marcie. The fact that Marcie was just left by her husband who (from Starr's perspective) doesn't want the baby, and that Marcie DOESN'T have a job and is relying on financial help and future child care help from out-of-state family members be damned. Starr's argument for Marcie being able to be a good parent to her child just kind of fell apart, so I don't really see how Starr just stayed on her same path with this.

John and Michael's scenes were very good. And I realize I like Chris Stack because he portrays Michael like an adult and someone intelligent enough to have a medical license. Marston played him goofy, bumbling and like a hoodrat from Atlantic City, and regardless of the subject matter, always played it so "good buddy" with John, where this John/Michael relationship seems much deeper and more mature, and more age-appropriate to the actors. I guess it shows the maturity level of the actor, you know?

• Members

DES, I think I love you.

I kept waiting for the (I can't believe I'm saying this) Manuel Santi reference. Not because it's such a treasured part of the Llanview legacy (LOL!), but just because this is one time that retcon actually WORKS in a scene.

They might still go there yet. But I definitely picked up on that too.

Archived