B&B: Week of June 23, 2008

• Members

Fashion seems to have taken a back-seat since Darlene Conley (Sally)'s been gone. I guess they did a little with Jackie, but that's kind of fizzled out over time.

The more I think about the dementia/Alheizmers route, the more I think of the great potential. I just don't know if the subject is too strong, although I think Storm's suicide had some of the best scenes for B&B of the year. From what I've read, it seems like Robin Riker moved to LA for B&B. So something has to be good for her to go there.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've really enjoyed all the week so far---the Beth stuff is interesting, and Steffy and Marcus are love.

I do think we'll see something with Steffy and Phoebe, and that's cool...

And sidenote, Lesli Kay's delivery of the line yesterday about donna and the "behind every great man" was about some of the best stuff EVER

• Members

I agree...I wish more people (actors included) would watch her work, because when she's not in her own story, she really is a "supporting actress" and not someone who didn't want to put their name out or something.

And she's DANG good at it

• Members

Yeah, even today, LK makes it known that she's there. She doesn't fade in to the background. That dress looked great too.

I'm glad Brooke overheard Beth, maybe we'll get some answers from her. And I would assume that Beth's question of "Did I?" when Donna talked about what Beth used to do when the girls were young is telling of what's going on with her.

• Members

I don't think Beth knows any of the Logans! She can't get away quick enough. What was she thinking when she booked that flight. That she was just going to sneak out in early morning and not say goodbye? Riker says that her character will be redeemed on moving on to the men in town shortly. i just do not see how this is possible. i mean we know Brad Bell can be wonderfully inventive (Stephanie really owns Forrester and kicks Eric in the grapes s/l comes to mind) or horribly WRONG (Taylor's return from the dead, natch). Let's hope it's the former.

• Members

I'm excited to see what happens next when it comes to Donna and Marcus now that Eric knows the truth.

Beth is just a weirdo to me because I don't understand how they are going to explain why she has been gone. I'm waiting to find out and hoping that it is going to be a good enough reason.

• Members

I still cannot buy Riker as Beth. She looks barely older than Brooke. Judith McConnell would have been a perfect Beth -- and blonde.

I'm still catching up on last week's episodes so I don't know how good/bad B&B is looking this week. I'm a bit annoyed that SuperNick has revved up the SuperJet to bring Beth back and Save the Logan Sisters all over again. But at least Katie & Nick are less sickly sweet than in the previous week when his wuv magically cured Katie's rejected donor-heart.

I am liking the rooftop outdoor terrace set, though. This is how it's done, GL! And Texas Battle and Jacqueline MacInnes are finds, y'all. I'm actually looking to Brandon Beemer showing up.

P.s.: Echoing everybody on the Lesli Kay love. She needs frontburner SL status ASAP. As do Winsor Harmon, Eileen Davidson, Ashley Jones and Lesley-Anne Down.

• Members

I didn't think I'd like it but I did.

And WORD for Texas Battle and Jacqueline MacInnes--they are both love. I got to meet them last week, and they were two of the nicest actors I've ever met. Made me be all about them even more.

I read in SOD what is happening with Beth

• Members

Oh, lucky you! I saw a clip of their pre-Emmy red carpet moment (+ shoe-cam! :lol: ) and it was so cool seeing two actors so genuinely enthused about being there. Texas Battle in particular seemed so psyched.

He's doing well the role of Marcus. At first, I was nervous because B&B doesn't usually "write" minorities. They are either maid stereotypes or walking PSAs, not real characters. But Marcus comes across as gentle and kind of shy -- but very protective of Donna and ready to defend his corner and stand up to Ridge.

As for JMacI, it's refreshing to see a young female character who's not just a breathey little doll but rather a smart, snarky, arrogant but also rather grounded intern. And seeing her do the "Thorne" stuff at FC -- not the Insta-Spokesmodel stuff that Kimberly, Caitlin and Phoebe cinderella-ed their way through.

As for the Beth spoiler

Archived