B&B: Week of May 26, 2008

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wasn't there a asian girl doing what Pam doing last week when Marcus came by to visit Donna. Maybe Pam take a day & the asian girl takes the other day.

Isn't Phoebe is opening the door to get step on like Bridget does. Bridget always getting step on by a family memeber.

• Members

I thought for sure that Phoebe was going to lose it after she saw Rick and Taylor and get into some accident which would cause her to need plastic surgery, thus ending the need for her and Steffy to look identical; enter recast. That would have given Taylor incredibly guilt and given her relationship with Rick a new level of angst. BUT it seems as if they are taking the easy route and with Phoebe now approving, there is no story here. I cant see where this is heading

• Administrator

Yup. Brad Bell botched it up again. Same with Donna and Marcus. Did we know Donna had a secret or that she had a son or did this come out of nowhere? And why did the revelation come out only after one week? Why was there no build up to something this big?

• Members
there was NO buildup. This completely came out of nowhere. It would have been better if Pam was trying to expose Donna before the wedding and ended up finding the secret son, all while fueling animosity in him towards Donna and then unleashing him upon her and Eric.

• Members

Build-up?

What's a "build-up"?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Forget it. Ron just told me what it was. Now I know.

Seriously, I love the idea of the plastic surgery. That would have been AWESOME! (And right up B&B's alley - it sounds like a Brad Bell story)

Such a shame. Really missed the obvious drama here.

• Administrator

Oh definitely! This secret should've led up to the wedding after a huge build up. And you get to build on the Donna/Pamela rivalry.

Eh, I guess we're being spoiled with Ron Carlivati's greatness, we expect other soaps to be the same. ;)

• Administrator

And it's something so simple too. Nemesis finds out secret.....secret gets exposed at a huge event - that's classic stuff.

Instead, Marcus is in 2-3 episodes and we get, "Are you my mother?" Whhhaaat????? I don't get it at all.

• Administrator

And Michael Minnis too who worked with Bill Bell - the master of the build up! Of course we don't know what goes on the behind the scenes, but surely Kay or Michael or someone said, "Slow down, Bradley. This is happening way too fast." If not, that's very disappointing of Kay and Michael.

• Members

True enough, and it's not like I'm president of the Alden fan club or anything. I think she has winners and losers like anyone else. But still, like I said. This is basic soap storytelling. I AT LEAST expect that from her. Hell, I expect that from Dena Higley and Megan McTavish!

ANd you're right Toups - there are enough there that someone should have said something.

Archived