Days: Serial Drama Reviews The Show

• Members

Anyway, back to the soapy tale. I loved, loved, loved EJ and Sami's conversation about The Incident. Sami confronting EJ about how Johnny was conceived was great, as was EJ's non-deflective response. I know there was some whitewashing/re-writing in there, but I don't care. I totally accept it, because the actors totally sold it and because the way that whole thing was handled after The Incident made me want to kick many shins and god knows my shin-kicking list is long enough and due for some removals. Sami acknowledging what she did to Austin, EJ apologizing, Sami accepting his apology . . . it was all just made of soapy awesomeness. I know I sound like a fangirl, but seriously, it was great soap!

the rest of the article- click here for more...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Every now and again I just have to do this for a show I either was fed up with watching or judged it too harshly. I get tired of bitching about how "bad" a show is. I've loved DAYS since I was a kid, and shouldn't let my unhappiness with behind the scenes happenings affect my watching of the show (and though it's a major part of it, it's not the only reason why I stopped watching).

I'll try to just watch DAYS for the soap it is, and comment. I hope to find something good that I can focus on and have it hook me back in. I need to embrace my inner "PhoenixRising," lol.

• Members

You're right to a certain extend. I've been very vocal about my dislike of an EJ/Sami pairing and my refusal to watch any clips or scenes that they're in. I've been sticking to Youtube edits and edits on fan boards with certain characters. So I'm familiar with some things going on, just not everything.

Lol, and rather than comment on what I don't like, I just choose not to comment at all. I'm trying not to rain on anyone else's parade.

• Members

I'm really glad you decided to give it a chance, even though Dena (:rolleyes:  <_< ) is writing it. I watch only to see the way she will destroy it this time and that's why I don't enjoy the show the way I maybe should. And just seeing her name reminds me of the things she did and makes me scream!

I hope you will like your show. :)

Yes, that is a rule I should go by. I often get sick of all the negativity I could write about.

• Members

Yeah. That column just reminded me why I go to SD once in the blue moon. Now I will be going there even less.

You must have a stronger stomach than me Ryan. I doubt I will ever go back to Days. Higley has sucked what little life Hogan left it with.

And EJ/Sami/Lucas is not great soap. It is basically a rip off of what Higley did with Todd/Blair/Spencer on OLTL in reverse.

• Members

It was bad enough when Blair had to prop up St. Spencer against "evil" Todd under Higley at OLTL. Yeah. Todd is a rapist, too. But he actually went to jail for a while while Roger Howarth along with Susan Haskell put their foot down when they wanted to pair Todd and Marty.

• Members

I watched my first episode yesterday in months and I will say the only thing I enjoyed was a fiesty Sami back. I thought Sami needed to grow up and get over what happened years ago between John/Marlena and I am glad Hogan took care of that. But Saint Sami trying to be the savior of the Brady family was getting old.

Overall I am so tired of the Lucas/Sami/EJ triangle that I just don't care anymore. Although I did want to smack Lucas through my television screen because he was being an a-hole towards Sami. He told her to move on, he wouldn't take her calls and then he threw that comment that she could have come up with another way to save him instead of giving into EJ was the final draw. If Higley is trying to get people to cheer for Lumi, I sure didn't see that yesterday. I only say that because I know there were many excited with Higely being back because she wrote great for Lumi before. And no way am I on the Ejami bandwagon either, but at least with EJ he takes Sami for the person she is. I have always felt that Lucas holds Sami up to higher unattainable standards making her into someone she is not.

Again I am glad there are those of you watching and enjoying the show. It just isn't holding my interest like it use to.

Archived