GH: Does The Mob Help Or Hurt?

• Members

It's not so much the mob, as it is that they show TOO much of it. The mob should not be the central driving force of the show but it is. I love mob stories, can't get enough of them, but only when it's a little here and there. Everyone on the show has some type of connection to the mob and that shouldn't be. The mob shouldn't be so huge and so detailed. I don't think we should see Sonny and MobEnemy#3476 shoot at each other in a church, it's ridiculous.

Bottom line is there's no use in blaming a storyline when the problem is with the idiots in charge. The story outlines suck, the daily dialogue sucks, the make-up and wardrobe sucks, the lighting sucks, characterization sucks. It's sad too, because I've always thought that GH had the best actors and the greatest potential of any other show but they don't utilize anything that they have.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont watch GH but I heard they had many mobsters and the show revolved around two of them. So a while back I checked it out and that Sonny guy were having a meeting with some other mobsters in a warehouse and then a "cool" woman came. Sonny and the "cool" woman had sex-flashbacks. Then the other guy Jason was in the alley. So I was thinking how can the show revolve around these two, am I suppsoed to take these two seriously as mobsters :lol:

Days does not have mob-stories often (or mobsters on the show) but when they have they are much better then those Sonny and Jason characters. Now there is the Vitali family (with Joe Penny starting next week) and in the past we had the Moroni and Kiriakis families (Victor is not a mobster anymore). The show has never revolved around them, there have been stories about them yes, but never have it taken over the show.

Archived