Big Brother Spoiler Thread

Tishy

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Only three ways-

Sexual route. The majority of HIV infections are acquired through unprotected sexual relations. Sexual transmission can occur when infected sexual secretions of one partner come into contact with the genital, oral, or rectal mucous membranes of another.

Blood or blood product route. This transmission route can account for infections in intravenous drug users, hemophiliacs and recipients of blood transfusions (though most transfusions are checked for HIV in the developed world) and blood products. It is also of concern for persons receiving medical care in regions where there is prevalent substandard hygiene in the use of injection equipment, such as the reuse of needles in Third World countries. HIV can also be spread through the sharing of needles. Health care workers such as nurses, laboratory workers, and doctors, have also been infected, although this occurs more rarely. People who give and receive tattoos, piercings, and scarification procedures can also be at risk of infection.

Mother-to-child transmission (MTCT). The transmission of the virus from the mother to the child can occur in utero during pregnancy and intrapartum at childbirth. In the absence of treatment, the transmission rate between the mother and child is around 25%.[16] However, where combination antiretroviral drug treatment and Cesarian section are available, this risk can be reduced to as low as 1%.[16] Breast feeding also presents a risk of infection for the baby.

• Members

This house is by far the worse house regarding the skank levels and sexcapades. In Season 4, we had, appropriately named, Amanda and David had sex but at least they knew each other ten days before they had sex on national TV and the Internet. "I hope Grandma doesn't see this." Then she promptly gets voted off. It was like a ONS. Then of course Erika and Boogie. But they knew each other from before and even though Dr Will proved to us on Dr 90210 how much of a nasty ass skank Boogie really is, if they had sex we didn't see it. However this group? They are living in Whoreville! In the end it's going to come down to who hasn't had some form of sex and I am not talking kissing. I am not a prude, it's just, damn, these people (except for Ryan and Jen and Sharon and Jacob) just met. I look at Natalie and Amanda and wonder what diseases are in them or which one of them will get pregnant first.

Archived