AMC: Krystal and the COmeback rant

• Members

THis is random and more about some past eps but re Krystal and the Comeback... What kinda place does she want ti to be? it used to be the place for characters to go get drunka nd rough it up a bit when they didn't wanna hang out in respectable places like the Yacht Club or Pine Valley Inn's bar... Krystal--who used to love dives liek that herself and Hell got so drunk she married Adam, instead takes over and seems to spend half of her time watching what people drinka nd telling them they're cut off! I'm nto that heavy a drinker but I'm serious I'd stop going to a place like that where if you're having a bad day AND give the owner your car keys they still cut you off (re Greenlee). I know I'll get flak for this but she comes off as a spoilsport...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know exactly what you're talking about. I was thinking the exact same thing.

I think it's a case of the writers trying to have their cake and eat it, too. They're trying to have The Spermbank, The Cumback, The Comeback be this down home, soul food, kick of yer heels and relax dem dogs kinda place -- but also, they're trying to have Krystal be Queen Mother of All that is Right and Good -- trying to unskankify her, as it were. So, of course, she's going to be the moral police, the liquor police, the parenting police, the teenager police, the sex police... having all the right answers, dispensing all of these countrified pearls of wisdom, and gettin' in other characters' business with extremely judgmental slash hypocritical comments...

It's a ploy. The whole Krystal Used to be a Whore -- But She's Got a Heart of Gold thing that the writers have been trying to do with Babe these past four years.

• Members

Haha - actually I was questioning this awhile back too. I understand her cutting off UNDERAGE Ava, but cutting off Greenlee, even when she had a safe drive home was ridiculous considering her initial premise of The Comeback was for people to get crazy drunk and be happy (a la the Trucker's Party every Christmas).

I still reallllly love the family scenes and overall goodness that comes from most of the scenes there. I really enjoy her motherly influence over Colby too. I just love Krystal so much right now, and if that's the writers' agenda, then I'm falling for it hard!

Archived