If you could recast any character on a soap...

• Members

Y&R: No one. (But, there are some characters/actors I'd like to be done with permanently, lol.)

PASSIONS: I don't watch, so....

OLTL: Susan Haskell (Marty Saybrooke)

GL: Since I believe 3/4ths of the current (on-contract) cast need(s) to be purged (actors AND characters), deciding which, if any, characters should be recast is tough for me. I'd much rather have some actors/characters leave, and use the freed-up cash to lure back some old favorites (e.g., Grant Aleksander, Mary Kay Adams, Maureen Garrett, Michael Tylo and Lisa Brown, Maeve Kinkead, Peter Simon).

GH: Amber Tamblyn (Emily Quartermaine)

DAYS: I'd recast Jeremy Horton. For the life of me, though, I cannot think of anyone to replace him with! I just know Trevor Donovan is a totally inappropriate choice for that character.

B&B: As with Jeremy on DAYS, I'd recast Rick Forrester (I'm not a fan of Kyle Lowder), but I can't come up with a replacement.

ATWT: Jennifer Ashe (Meg Snyder), Brian Bloom (Dusty Donovan), Andrew Kavovit (Paul Ryan), Melanie Smith (Emily Stewart), and Roy Thinnes (Dr. Bob Hughes)

AMC: Chris Beetem (Dr. Josh Madden) and Charles Frank (Dr. Jeff Martin). I'd also recast JR and Jamie, but, again, can't come up with anyone to replace Jacob Young and Justin Bruening, respectively.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Suzanne Rogers told someone at the Days fan event a couple of weeks ago that John Clarke had suffered a stroke recently and isn't currently available to come back as Mickey. She wants someone cast in the role badly though.

• Members

I'm not familiar with other soap actors, so I have no idea who I'd want to replace these people:

Shawn

Jett

Roman - replace with WN

Belle - I actually want her killed off since I think there's no hope for the characters, but if she has to stay then she must be recast - Martha Madison is horribly miscast for the role.

• Members

the Australian accented Colleen with the last actress who was doing a perfectly acceptable job. I'd also add re-casting Lily but I'm glad for the FF material.

Misha Barton as Phoebe. She reminds me so much of Hunter Tylo acting talent wise and is where she is due solely to her looks.

• Members

Re: John Clarke/Mickey -- I say, wait awhile longer to see if JC recovers enough to work again, even if it's on an off-contract/recurring basis. I know it would be a miracle if he DID fully recover, but if DAYS taught me anything in the '80's, it was that you have to believe in miracles.

Of course, JC might fully recover and still not be interested in returning to the show; but, at least someone made the offer, and (hopefully) the audience will be more accepting of his replacement.

• Members

>> Was his name John Voight or something?

Richard Voigts. Yeah, he was alright as Mickey; but, I'd like to see a "name" fill that part (if it can't be John Clarke).

>> but I would love to see Tina back on OLTL

You, and about ten million other people, lol. Tina's definitely needed now, since her daughter, Sarah, is back in Llanview (again).

If Andrea Evans cannot return, though, then I'd prefer Kelli Maroney (ex-Kimberly Harris Beaulac, RYAN'S HOPE), who DID play Tina for awhile back in the early '80's. Maroney has a similar disposition and, last time I checked, was also back into acting, too.

• Members

AMC

Sabine Singh with Rebecca Budig

Charles Parnell with William Christian

Ambyr Childers with...

Alec Musser with...

Leven Rambin with...

Aiden Turner with...

Brent Weber with...

ATWT

Marnie Schulenberg with Jessica Dunphy

Alexandra Chando with...

Kenneth Franklin with Duane McLaughlin

DOOL

Rachel Melvin with...

Darin Brooks with...

Shelley Hennig with...

Marcus Patrick with...

Santo DiMera with...

Colleen Brady with...

Christopher Gerse with...

B&B

Kyle Lowder with Justin Torkildsen

Jack Wagner with

Harley Graham with

Constantine Parros with

GH

Ryan Carnes as Lucas Jones

Natalia Livingston with

Lindze Letherman with

GL

Michelle Ray Smith with

Mandy Bruno with Aubrey Dollar

Brian Gaskill with Morgan Englund

OLTL

Michael Easton with

Beth Ann Bonner with

Melissa Gallo with

Y&R

Bryton with

Thad Luckinbill with

Eyal Podell with

Tammin Sursok with Adrianne Leon

• Members

AMC

Sabine Singh with Rebecca Budig

Charles Parnell with William Christian

Ambyr Childers with...

Alec Musser with...

Leven Rambin with...

Aiden Turner with...

Brent Weber with...

I'd rather fall naked onto a landmine than discuss Sabine, Rebecca OR Greenlee, but...do we really need Derek, Colby, Del, Lily, Ava, Aidan or Sean at all? I think fading these characters out gradually would be more appropriate.

ATWT

Marnie Schulenberg with Jessica Dunphy

Alexandra Chando with...

Kenneth Franklin with Duane McLaughlin

I'd rather recast Alison with someone new.

Chando and the other one, OTOH, can leave and take their respective, superfluous characters with them.

DOOL

Rachel Melvin with...

Darin Brooks with...

Shelley Hennig with...

Marcus Patrick with...

Santo DiMera with...

Colleen Brady with...

Christopher Gerse with...

Again, aside from Gerse/Will, I'd rather see these people (actors and characters) gone.

B&B

Kyle Lowder with Justin Torkildsen

Jack Wagner with

Harley Graham with

Constantine Parros with

Yes, to bringing back Torkildsen; no, to the rest. (Wagner and Constantine just need to go.)

GH

Ryan Carnes as Lucas Jones

Natalia Livingston with

Lindze Letherman with

I've already "offered" bringing back Amber Tamblyn as Emily. IMO, she's the only one who could do that character justice. If she isn't willing to return, though, then I'd rather just see Emily leave PC.

Same goes for Lucas and Georgie.

GL

Michelle Ray Smith with

Mandy Bruno with Aubrey Dollar

Brian Gaskill with Morgan Englund

Three more I'd rather see gone (w/ no recast). Especially Dylan. Breaking him and Bridget up made zero sense.

OLTL

Michael Easton with

Beth Ann Bonner with

Melissa Gallo with

Followed by THESE three...

Y&R

Bryton with

Thad Luckinbill with

Eyal Podell with

Tammin Sursok with Adrianne Leon

And two more. (I'm okay w/ Luckinbill as J.T., but Colleen definitely needs to be recast.)

• Members

OTLT

I agree that Lynn Herring would be great as Tina Lord. If not how about Sarah Buxton?

ATWT

Bring Paul Korver back as Chris Hughes, he was always my favorite Chris. With Scott Bryce back on the canvas it would be great to bring back the character of Steve Andropoulos, if Frank Runyeon is not available I think Robert Tyler (Loving's Trucker McKensie) would make a great Steve.

GL

Since Grant Aleksander doen't want to comeback, how about Tom Eplin in the role of Philip?

Archived