Hollyoaks

• Members

I've written to a TON of places pimping the show, I did this sort of thing for Roswell back in the day when it was constantly in trouble and I still have alot of the names I contacted back then. Hollyoaks is so new and BBCA is so shady and so quick with the pull that I just hope that some magazine does a piece on it and maybe gets some notice for the show. I haven't seen ANY sort of PR in the US for it! The time change and time slot try-outs make me think though that BBCA must have an interest in it...fingers crossed. Even if it went off and I had to try and watch it online somewhere (think The UK's Channel 4 streams it via thier website) we are behind and there are some great things with Craig/John-Paul and Clare/Max/OB that I don't want to skip!

Again, WHY SOD and SOW ignore it but promote things like FLASH GORDON on Sci-Fi is beyond me...serioulsy they had a write-up in SOW on that and no mention of an actuall FIVE DAY A WEEK SOAP?!? Crazy...

Kade

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm extremely worried about what BBC America might be up to.

But they're still running commercials in prime time stating the show is on every weeknight.

I'm not sure what they're doing. They may be playing games hoping ratings improve quickly.

At least if they try putting it on late afternoons they haven't given up completely.

The management now has promised to stop dropping things after short runs. But who knows if they'll stick to that.

• Members

That's why I'm trying to write a bunch of sites and reporters (see above posts) and BBCA to try and get the word out that people like this show. BBCA has a rep. for pulling stuff quickly and without warning. There are links on alot of sites where you can contact reporters and BBCA and share how you feel and hopefully get the word out. I LOVE this show so much and don't want to see it go the way of EastEnders and Neighbours! :(

I can't imagine them moving it to the afternoon for like one week and pulling it...but they've done odd stuff like this before with shows...even Hollyoaks: In The City which they pulled after three episodes.

This past week (which is running in marathon form this afternoon on BBCA) was the best week of soap I've seen IN YEARS! I wish I could make everyone sit down and watch it that says they are a soap fan, I KNOW they'd love it! :)

Kade

Archived