Robin Strasser Hotline recap

• Members

- She starts by saying for the first time EVER, she agrees with Susan Lucci. She should have stayed home. She says she doesnt feel the EMMYS were fair to all the soaps and were obviously favoring one network.

- She says ABC is fair and balanced when they host the EMMYS

- Why the hell were they in LA for 2 years in a row?

- How the hell do you get a tie for the best show. She finds it hard to believe that numerically, it came down to a tie.

- She says it was an insult for the EMMYS to have that guy introduce OLTL, when he was only on for a "hiccup". She says he is a good actor and nice looking but Erika Slezak should have been the one to introduce the show.

- OLTL may not have one, but she says, and I quote " For OLTL, Now that Frank Valentini has Ron Carlivati on board, SEE YOU NEXT YEAR"

- EMMYS are in NY Next year

-Ron's work starts airing in September.

More from Robin Strasser. The number is 212-414-5300

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How is ABC more fair in balance in terms of presenters at the Emmy's? CBS has 4 soaps, so naturally they'd have the most presenters and of course it is the network hosting the event.

When ABC hosted last year, most of the presenters were from ABC soaps, but there were presenters from NBC and CBS too, but not as many.

Say what you want about that guy presenting the OLTL montage, but they had [!@#$%^&*] Vivica A Fox present the Y&R montage. Fox wasn't even on Y&R for a year, there's no reason she should've done it either.

And about the tie, is she insinuating that CBS rigged it? CBS doesn't pick the winners, that's the job of the Television Academy of Arts & Sciences. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm glad the Emmy's are in NYC next year, the show belongs there imo.

• Members

Vivica A Fox is a movie star, I guess. It may not matter to some. That guy, is nothing. Eric Braden probably should have done Y&R, but he was probably too busy bitchin somewhere. :lol: Robin says, that she isnt sure if that is why Susan isn't there. She says maybe she is buying stuff for her grandchild, but she wan't there never the less.

• Members

Hi Jay, did you know that Robin requested years ago that her Hotline not be transcribed on the Internet. I didn't know if you planned on doing this on a regular basis but I wanted you to be aware of it. I have written stuff on the Net myself but pulled back from too much detail because people misinterpret what she is saying and soon a lie becomes a truth. Just thought I'd mention it.

• Members

No I did not know that. Thanks for the heads. I understand where you are coming from and I do not intend to recap it as a alternative to calling in, which is why I left the number. I would think that everyone is calling in, and making post based upon that. Thanks again.

• Members

Since there is a charge with the call, no some don't do that. Anyway, I just wanted you to know. I typically give my pals a heads up when she has a new recording but I don't go into too much detail on the Net because she asked that it not be done.

Archived