Cwikly to DOOL? Speculation

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cwikly is currently Associate Headwriter for Y&R, and seems to be on good terms with that hack LML, so I don't see her leaving soon.

If Hogan and Corday should woo anyone to Days, it should be Carolyn Culliton who was single-handedly responsible for Hogan's first two years at ATWT being a success. After she left, the show was never quite the same again.

• Members

Well with Carruthers and Brown now at AMC, I wish DAYS could get Brash and Cwikly back now that the Dimera's are returning. DAYS needs some writers that know DAYS, I am still pissed Sofia Landon Gier is no longer at DAYS!

• Members

Getting rid of her was a giant mistake. She was, without a doubt, my favorite scriptrwiter on the show. I wouldn't be against them giving her a chance to headwrite the show, but that'll never happen... she's far too good, LoL. It just threw me for a loop when it was announced that they had gotten rid of her, because if Hogan/Corday didn't like the material from the best writer on the show, what does that say for the kind of show they want to produce?

• Members

Does anyone think Hogan's job could be in jeopardy? If DAYS being gone in 2009 is a done deal that probably not. But if NBC has any ounce of faith left in the show I could see him being shown the door. Despite the increase in quality since he took over, the show was sinking to new lows every week. I think fans are just a little too over confident that the ratings will jump all that much. The notions that DAYS will be in 3rd place by the summer are far fetched. Hogan being turfed less than a year into the gig would certainly make some headlines and give DAYS fans comfort to know NBC still does maybe have an ounce of caring for the longevity of the show. Problem is, I don't think NBC gives a flying fiddle about DAYS and is just riding it out and I think that's why the viewers left in droves. And I don't ever expect them to be back, JMO.

• Members

I agree.

In October of last year, everyone was speculating that Days would be above Y&R by now. As we all see, that's not the case. The quality of Days rises and falls far too frequently for the ratings to ever build on a consistent and long-term basis. Everyone just gets so caught up when the show is decent that they forget to look forward five, six, seven months into the future when all the stories inevitably fall flat -- because they always do, and they will... even now.

• Members

Sadly in today's world no soap can withstand long term periods of greatness and that has been the case for several years now which is why we see the ratings slipping to new loww on a weekly basis. Not just DAYS, everyone.

When DAYS did hit 3rd place there for a few weeks last year..... that was during the interim between JER and Hogan right?

• Members

I really suspect her firing had more to do with money than anything. She'd been with Days for a while, while aside from Jeannie Marie Grunwell (and Cydney Kelly who I don't count because she's mostly the writers assistant and probably paid peanuts) the rest of the script writers are relative new hires.

• Members

Days dialog really hasn't been very good even preceding the staff shakeups accompanying Sheffer's tenure. I think overall it was a step up from JER's tenure but a lot of it IMO could possibly be attributed to top-down direction. Meaning I don't think everyone, especially SLG, was incapable of good scripts just because they weren't part of Sheffer's team.

• Members

Meg Kelly is ok but Hogan really needs someone that knows the show as a co-HW. Meg Kelly can be a part of the writing team but I think either Cwickly, Brash, Anderson, Milstein, or Geier should be his co-HW. All of them, except for Geier who could probably do it although I want her doing scripts, have HW experience. Milstein should've gotten the job. She was already in the position anyway.

Otherwise, I think Hogan's staff is fine when not interfered with :rolleyes: .

• Members

but SLG scripts always had that special touch to them the others didn't. Hogan, JERk, Langan, etc. Didn't matter who was HW. There were great lines, discussions made alot of sense and were meaningful, and there were the small touches like the interactions written between other characters that were sharing the same space but not the same scene that the other writers wouldn't do.

Days daily scripts as far as I'm concerned have gone down hill. There's no one on that staff now that delivers good scripts, so we don't even have that occasional bright spot we did when we'd occasionally get an SLG episode. Meg Kelly's scripts I find especially bland, the other script writers are not even worth mentioning.

Archived