OLTL: Anna Kathryn Holbrook

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was the last AW to receive an emmy from what I've read. The Sharlene/John/Felicia triangle was so heartbreaking but in the end, Sharlene and John divorced, Felicia and John broke up and then they just moved away at seperate times but Sharlene did have that torrid affair with Grant which the entire town frowned upon! I liked the friction it caused for Gary and Josie since Felicia was Gary's AA sponsor and Josie was Sharlene's daughter.

• Members

Technically Charles Keating was the last to win an emmy. They won the same year (96) and Best Actor was later in the evening:). I remember the montage where Sharlene, who had changed her last name back to Frame after divorcing John changed the nameplate in her office from Hudson to Frame. You know, execs have the wrong idea about teenagers/young people and soaps. When I was watching AW in the 90s as a young teen I found the teens (Sophia, Nick and Maggie) to be the least interesting. I LOVED the Sharlene/John/Felicia triangle and never really got over Frankie's Death. Sigh, memories.

• Members

I know what you mean, I think I was only about 13 back then. LOL, it was the Joe/Paulina/Jake story that made me start watching it everyday (or whenever I could). I won't ever forget when Paulina hired Joe to find her "dead" husband and then they fell in love with each other. Joe ended up finding Jake but kept it a secret. I remember them being in some hotel room and there was so much tension. And then of course, Jake walks in on Joe and Paulina's wedding. Sophia/Nick/Maggie was good. Maggie was so funny. I remember her fake baby bump!

Archived