DAYS: Monday, May 28

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I cried because of the emotional awakening of John...back to reality,what a big let down! this should have been a big thing.I am not a John/Marlena fan,but they have alot of fans who deserve much better then the scenes we got today. I havent really missed Drake's eyebrow as well.John might be a big part of the show,but I really cant stand him.

Loved willow.sick of Hope thinking she is better then her (and say whatever you want about willow,Hope has judged her since the first time she met her).anyway,good scenes.

also good EJ/Sami/Tony scenes.

overall a good show.

• Members

It's really not that bad. Elvis is supposed to be around 10 right now. James Scott is 28 or 29. Philip and Will are supposed to be 12, while Jay K. Johnson is 29 or 30. So it's really not as bad as you would think. Philip and EJ are supposed to be around the same age, and they were only born 2 years apart. Then you have Chelsea who was born in 1998, and should be about 9, but Rachel Melvin is 22. With DAYS, you can't pay attention to ages. It's impossible. The timelines are all screwed up. One character was born before another, but is suddenly younger than that character (Shawn and Brady, Abby and Belle, etc.).

• Members

I love John and Marlena. There, I said it.

The kiss was beautiful. I loved that he was so emotional, he was crying and she just seemed like she wasen't sure what to do because she was so afraid that he'd go away again.

My other favourite moment was a short moment when Marlena has her arm around John and he's holding it, their fingers intertwined and she leans down. They press their foreheads together and it's just such a beautiful moment. I find it hard to really feel things sometimes while watching soaps.

These days, it seems sometimes that most actors are trying to show that they can be the sexiest person on soaps, and that could be directing, but it's so rare to feel an intimate moment.

So I loved feeling again that these two people have this amazing love story and how close they are, and it's not about sex, it's about knowing each other so well and loving each other so passionately. Truly beautiful, I have to say. Kudos to Deidre and Drake, it's the little things like that that made me fall in love with John and Marlena, and it's those things that keep making me come back for more. This is what soaps are about. Escaping life for a few minutes and just enjoying romance and chemistry, and they truly are unparalelled in that department.

• Members

OK, that was scary. Shawn sounded exactly like Lucas when he was yelling at Willow. I could have sworn it was Lucas for a second! I'm loving the EJ and Sami scenes. I can't wait to see them hook up. They NEED to hook up!!!

• Members

I thought the scenes were beautiful, if I was headwriter, I would have done it differently, but the actors (as we know) were allowed to do their stuff and that changed it IMO for the better. I was waiting to hear John say "Hey pretty lady", but I thought the fact that he couldn't speak was a nice touch because the notebook thing was adorable.

• Members

Loved this episode.

I rooted for Willow when she was trashing Shawn, because, frankly, he deserved it, IMO. Yes, he and the others of the trio finally were realizing that their fighting was the problem, but they were still in the predicament and Claire was lost because of it. But as soon as she went into Hope, I was cheering when Hope slapped her. She deserved it. You can't come waltzing into town and act like you know everything when you weren't there. As for Hope acting all high and mighty, she didn't seem very keen to act that way until Willow was playing hardball. This is the Hope I know and love!!!

Gods help me, I adored EJ and Sami today. I may be oen of the few seeing this as a truly viable triangle. I see both sides. I think Lucas and Sami's marriage is strong, and they are both so good for each other, despite character destruction on both sides for years, but EJ presents that fresh feeling. Yes, he raped her. No, that shouldn't be forgiven, but it's rare for rape to have such odd circumstances! I loved the dialogue. Sami's back to being a force and EJ is playing with her. This is when I like them as a duo. And oh if I didn't get turned on when EJ was all Papa Bear against Tony.

JOHN!!! He's awake!!! I thought the lead-in was perfect. I hated Belle getting all up in his face, though. I get that she's desperate, but come on. The man just woke up from a 5-month coma!!! Give him some space, woman. Loved Marlena stepping in and being softer, calmer. I think having him not speak yet was a great addition and the scenes with J&M alone were just great.

• Members

Loved today's episode. I'm finally excited about this show again for the first time in a while.

I loved both Willow and Hope going at it. I was glad Hope was standing up to her and being feisty. And as more and more pathological Willow gets, I'm ALMOST starting to like her. Maybe it's knowing what's ahead for her, or maybe it's just looking back on things and realizing as much as I hated her for keeping Shawn and Belle apart last fall, I wound up hating Shelligan's Island even more so I don't feel right still holding their separation against her.

John and Marlena were great too although I agree with Keith that Belle was too in his face. I thought it was jarring for the scene. Let Belle pester him about Claire tomorrow and make this Jarlena day. Also wish this was more heavily promoted by the show because I found that Kiss thing cute despite being someone who hasn't really missed Jarlena AT ALL these months they've been off screen.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the EJ and Sami scene. Please give us more of them like this. I've been dying since last fall for more of these scenes with them talking as friends and flirting again. I'm sure some will hate that after EJ tried to kiss Sami in the car Sami is shown playfully hitting him rather than running away, but I loved that today's episode opened up the possibility that Sami and EJ could be friends again and that even as EJ tries to win her over with good deeds to protect her from his family he refuses to become less slimy and stop flirting with her. I've wanted EJ redeemed from the one-dimensional monster they tried to write him as since we found out he was a Dimera, but not have the show try to pretend he was suddenly an all-around decent, good guy. EJ as the caddish scoundrel with the soft spot for Sami on the other hand, I find a lot more believable and quite entertaining.

Archived