Days:Article on the Lumi wedding

• Members

Days of our Lives Green Wedding

Written by Linda Marshall-Smith

Friday, 20 April 2007

Lumi good for each other and good for the Earth

Finally tying the knot, Days of our Lives fan favorite couple, Lucas (Bryan Datillo) and Sami (Alison Sweeney) take to the aisle and host a grand green wedding and reception on May 8 and 9th. Partnering with the fabulous wedding website The Knot, the folks over at Days chose to get the word on "going green" out to the masses.

Here's just a little of the environmentally conscious aspects of Lumi's wedding that you can expect to see on the day...

*To keep it green, many of the flowers for the LUMI green wedding will be living arrangements – in other words, potted plants, that can be transplanted and reused. All the cut flowers are either organic and/or locally grown courtesy of The Hidden Garden.

*The rings that Sami and Lucas will exchange come from Tacori, a “green business” famous for their signature crescent silhouette trademarked design and known for using conflict free diamonds.

*The dress for Sami and Lucas’ wedding will be created out of pure silk from the leading innovative fashion house of Monigue Lhuillier.

*Sami and Lucas’ wedding cake from NancyKay's Confections will be made of organic flour, organic dairy products, free range eggs and other natural ingredients.

*Lehr & Black are providing printed menus, invitations and place cards made from recycled paper and raw silk.

*The wedding will be catered by Ben Ford of Ford's Filling Station and the event planned by event planner to the stars, Debbie Geller of Geller Events. FYI, Ben Ford is the son of Indiana Jones himself, Harrison Ford.

http://www.soapdom.com/content/view/20730/2/

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nah...as long as they get married, the right people are there, and they milk it for everything they can it will will be fine. Making it last that long will be like JER is writing :lol: . I do see your point. It needs to be HUGE and this has to happen now. They are promoting it far too much and getting the fans too involved for it not to happen. Hell, that Soapnet marathon focusing on Sami is basically another way of hyping the wedding too IMO (it takes place on May 12, the same week as the wedding so I am thinking they are doing it to get people into watching the show via the regular weekly marathon on May 13).

This sounds great. I can't wait and I hope they use this as a springboard for the rest of the month and summer.

• Members

OMG!

How CLEVER!

Not only are they using this huge event to highlight an important issue but by using real companies they are probably being comp'd items, or at the very least getting a serious break on cost. Anyone that has paid for a typical wedding can appreciate the saving that can be made if they aren't paying full rate for flowers, dress, rings, cake etc.

• Members

Theres is more hype on this wedding than any of Sami's prior wedding plans. This is it, she's getting married! Theres always the possibility of Lucas and Sami seperating later, but this wedding has to occur, or I think a lot of fans including myself will be turned away.

• Members

For once, I give TPTB credit for ingenuity.

I just hope they don't drop the ball with the wedding guests. It will really take away from the whole spectacle if the congregation consists of 5 characters and a bunch of extras. Obviously, Alice wasn't be there and the Hayes start taping next month so also no Doug & Julie.

At the very least, I expect:

Marlena, Bo, Hope, Maggie, Roman, Caroline, Grandpa Shawn, Will, Phillip, Kate, Billie, Chelsea, Nick, Abe, Celeste, Steve & Kayla. John & Belle should be there but I assume the former will still be in a coma and the latter still on the island.

No skimping, Corday!

• Members

Chelsea is a maid of honor and without Belle to be the matron of honor, will Billie be there to fill in? Stephanie will surely be there and I suppose Abby will already be gone.

Steve to kill someone???? I don't think it's Shawn so who else could it be. Lucas? John? Also, it could be Sami or Shawn but I see no reason to kill Sami and Shawn is a puff in the wind to EJ, however, who knows.

Archived