Days:Casting & spoilers/rumors

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously it is cool to have Mike's son finally come on the show and an African American character but this news does not bode well for the show overall now does it. This just means that the show is continuing to bring on new characters that fans can not identify with (Mike being off the show what 9 or 10 years?), that fans have to get used to on top of the many we already have. The whole idea of saving the show was bringing back familiarity. There is no reason to think these people will NOT be on all the time and just because they are characters with family names doesn't make a difference, just look at Nick who has sucked up major airtime since he started. Hogan loves writing for these new characters and I don't see how they will have time to write for these two, Chelsea, Nick, Max, nu Abby (not sure), Shawn, Belle, Phillip, EJ, Sami, Lucas AND the veteran cast? Who is going to spend time investing in these new characters' stories? Heck Jeremy is deeply involved with Stephanie already (ANOTHER newbie by the way, it is a new face and we know very little about Chelsea as it is). No no no.... I don't think this is good at all.

• Members

If it's true that often a casting call goes out for two characters when only one will be assigned, then we have to wait and see which one. I consider them both to be exciting and hope both show up and can actually act. Also, with the fleshing out of Max, I really don't see why he would need to be written out. There is room and story for him. I think Bart is more rumor than fact as the Soap Opera digest didn't say anything about him (that I saw). The only place I've heard it from (tracing back) is from Steve. Hopefully the Bart and Colin ones are both rumors.

Oh, I had another thought. The summer mystery for the younger set....Maybe Chelsea's interest in finding out about Jett is the beginning of the mystery story.

• Members

If there is balance, it will be fine. If the vets are going to be on like Corday said, I don't see what the problem is. Characters like this should have been brought on in the first place before people like Willow and Gabby. These are characters that the show needs. We need more Horton's and I think Jeremy's return may have something to do with the upcoming Horton story. We also could use some diversity. I understand people fear that this will take away airtime from some but Hogan had a great balance going until January so there is no reason to think he can't do that again. Let's just wait and see before condemning something for once.

Oh, and if Steve is running around saying Bart is returning, he is returning. He wouldn't just run his mouth off. He is the one that broke the Tony news. Colin will probably be a rumor or short-term though.

• Members

I based that on Steve being the one that said he was staying when Tony was written out. He didn't. I just think he may be misinformed or given false hope or some such. He wasn't factual last time and so I don't believe it this time either. But, I'm not the one writing or casting the show so he may actually turn up. I'm not looking forward to it. Bart is a waste of time and money in my opinion.

• Members

Keith and others, believe me I am very cautious when it comes to Corday and his usual BS spin on things, BUT just look at the ratings. Corday has to feature the Big 4 and vets or DAYS is as good as gone.

DAYS has had some characters that have just been on for so long, new characters are needed badly for different/new storyline angles. However, that will only work if the new characters/recasts are eased in, its all about balance. Can Hogan and the writing staff accomplish this? We will all see come May when it seems DAYS is in for some real changes, especially the return of the Big 4 and the Dimeras.

• Members

Oh, I agree. This is totally Corday's last real shot. I just have no faith that even if he means it he can be consistent.

And you said it, dude. New characters are needed to keep things fresh, but not at the expense of familiarity. Balance!

• Members

The fact that the ratings are so bad and that Corday's back is against the wall is the only reason why I am optimistic. He knows what needs to be done and that is why I am going to wait and see and not condemn everything because we are getting two new additions to existing families. New blood is fine if we have balance, just like everyone is saying.

• Members

Sadly, that is so true :lol: . I would like to see a hard hitting expose on how many times Corday nas interfered with writer's and so on. I would like to see what goes on behind the scenes and what goes through this man's head. Days has had so much dram a behind the scenes that it would be fun to read a book about all that.

Archived