Timbaland... ripoff artist?

KLN

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who really comes up with their own beat all the time these days anyways (hip-hop/rap/r&b wise)? Not surprise, and so what... just add him to the long list of other producers/artists that do it. I still like him and the music. The only thing he can be at fault with is not crediting (that's wrong, if you take something... admit to it), that's wrong... so I hope he crossed all his 't's and dotted all the 'i's.

• Members

As long as they pay and *credit* the original composer of the music. I think the credit part is just as important as the payment part. And, also, it's possible that the music company had no idea about the originals. I've never heard of *any* of those other artists and I'm sure the bulk of the US market hasn't either.

• Members

Meh, it doesn't really matter to me.

People think that Timba comes up with this stuff himself. I could go out there tomorrow and sample someone's music and put it on my own track -- doesn't make me some sort of genius, just because I thank 'em in the small print.

• Members

Is the person that did this vid illiterate, it clearly states in all of timbalands album covers or the artist he's worked with album cover that the beat was sampled from so and so's early tracks. They act like he committed a crime or something when he hasn't.

• Members

That's because the original songs come from the Middle East. I've always found it quite interesting that most R'n'B and HipHop tracks in the US use oriental elements these days, although the countries where this kind of music comes from are declared as being threats to the US government.

No, it does not. I just looked it up in the booklet of Aaliyah's album where "More Than A Woman" is included, and there's no word of a sample, not on any track.

Archived