AMC: Casting Stuff

• Members

The show is casting a woman in her early 30s named "Gina". Most likely this is a Greenlee recast.

Ugh. You know what this means....they want to continue the Rylee saga. 2 years later how are they still convinced anyone gives a damn about them? I can't see Greenlee without Rebecca...well I can, I can see McTavish's Greenlee without Rebecca but not real Greenlee. This is probably why the Ryan/Julia plan has been scrapped (if SOD is correct and it has).

Also, it appears that whatever episode Julia Barr taped last will be her last....unless we get a Phil Carey scenario. Or she works without a contract (and there is no indication she was even asked to do that).

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing to make me watch again. Greenlee is Greenlee due to Rebecca. Love Greenlee, hate Greenlee...I believe the character survived this long due to Rebecca and only Rebecca.

In addition, this show just boggles my mind. I would love to know what happened to the Brooke and Adam romance that was supposed to happen this summer. I was interested in that couple resurrecting their relationship. If they wanted to play around with Krystal and Adam, they could have formed a weird triangle surrounding these characters...but noooooo too much like right. What a waste. I guess the Brooke/Adam storyline went the same way as my BIG Reggie and Danielle/Frye Family story (yup still bitter and forever will be).

The summer was a waste and so is the fall. Maybe the winter will bring something worthwhile (doubt it).

• Members

I hope you're right and its not Greenlee. I don't want Greenlee back unless someone who can write the character properly is there (ie Agnes).

However I can confirm this role is not for Jonathan. I can't confirm its Greenlee, but the Jonathan girl is a seperate role altogether (and that role I haven't even heard for sure they are casting despite what Jeff said at that event).

• Members

I'm sure Frons is none to pleased at last weeks ratings bust. Gut feeling, if November sweeps tanks (which I think it will if last week had no effect) it's toodles McTavish. But that's looking at things from the perspective of a rational human being, which Frons is not. He seems totally focused right now on getting some energy back at GH (Robin, Rick Springfield, nu Carly, bye bye Reese), the question is once he's satisfied his baby is alright will he take a good hard look at AMC and take action or just be satisfied that GH is good? I think all Frons cares about is that GH is ABC's #1 soap.

Something is really off at AMC. So many characters aren't being used, the show is playing all the fan bases, and in the process pleasing none, and it just doesn't feel like AMC. GH today was more AMC than AMC!

The show has a great cast, a great pool of behind the scenes talent. It's just McTavish's tired writing and a lack of management by JHC and/or Frons.

But the major reason he might keep McT around even if ratings continue to slide: She's why Cameron came back, and she's more likely to get Cady back and KHC. But honestly I don't think those reasons are worth keeping her (especially Cameron..he can leave right along with her!)

• Members

My problem with new writers is that...as far as I am concerned, when GH removed McTavish they basically sold their souls to the devil. GAP has totally destroyed General Hospital. They are bringing in some talent, but they lost soo much other talent and totally destroyed the history of the show.

While I can not STAND AMC after the Summer of HELL, I know that it can get worse. Just one example, as soon as GAP arrived with their little friend Jill...I realized that most of the black players disappeared into thin air. The show only recently decided to add a female character and surprisingly she's not on contract. AMC...while it is laughable still has Danielle, Derek, Livia and Reggie...with a different writer, they could actually get something good storywise...but they can also disappear much like they did before McTavish came back (aside from Reggie, who was involved in a story then...but I didn't watch, couldn't stand him).

• Members

Please. The show is casting a new female character with the name that starts with a letter "G" and suddenly that's a Greenlee recast? We need more evidence than that. You'd think that if they were going to recast a high-profile role like Greenlee, they'd start the recast process months ago, you know, when Rebecca gave her notice. Not when Rebecca is already done taping and Greenlee's exit has been long ago written.

There's a "Brooke" taping next week so if JB is leaving she's not gone yet.

• Members

I wish I could say something positive, but I can't. I hate that my fave erica is a prop for kendall/ryass storylines, I hate her boring marriage to jack, I hate that amc has turned into the ryass show, and I hate the fact she doesn't her own storyline and is reduced to meddling in kendalls life and kissing ryass's butt. The one positive thing I can barely say is that I hope josh is erica son, but that storyline is moving as slow as molasses, which also pisses me off.

• Members

There are many reasons not to recast Greenlee. First and foremost is that Rebecca Budig IS Greenlee. The show can live on without Greenlee, so recasting her not even before Budig last airs is stupid. Second, Ryan and Greenlee need to end. They've ruined both characters and we need a break from them.

I hope Gina is for Jonathan, because we don't need more Rylee

• Members

Amen to that Jean!!!

Yeah AMC would be smart not to try and recast this role. Just let Greenlee leave town and return only if Rebecca ever decides to return to daytime. AMC needs to look at all the recasting trouble GH has gotten into as of late and that should make them realize recasting isn't a smart thing.

• Members

Awww, well I sure do hate being a damper on some people's AMC enjoyment by expressing my opinion (although if you love AMC so much what I say shouldn't affect you one iota).

But unfortunately, I'm not going anywhere :) Someone has to balance out the AMC posts and speak up for those 400,000+ people who have tuned out.

I love AMC just as much as everyone else. So please stop suggesting otherwise. We have a (significant) difference of opinion on whether Megan McTavish is worthy to hold a pencil, but to suggest I keep my opinions quiet because they conflict with yours is ridiculous.

Archived