All Soaps: If You Could Re-Write History, What Story Would It Be?

• Members

I just want to have a little fun, I know people get sick of soaps doing re-writes that don't make sense. It got me thinking, that re-writes can be done and still respect history. My choices are:

Days Of Our Lives

I would provide Tony with an adult child with Liz Chandler, and explain that Liz always knew what bad influences the Dimera's would be so she switched her daughter's paternity to results (paternity test not too far fetched, if they can do it today, it definetly could have been done in the 80's) to protect her daughter. Liz thinks that she is dying and confesses all to her daughter Noelle, who returns to Salem against her moms wishes to find her father.

What if Belle realized that she wasn't really Belle Black, and that Sami actually suceeded in selling the real Belle Brady as an infant. I would return Belle to her rightful father Roman Brady.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guiding Light:

I would have kept Michael Bauer on canvas.His rivalry with his enemy/ex son in law Alan Spaulding provided great story in the late 70's early 80's.

Maureen Bauer would not have been killed off.

Would have tried to keep Peter Simon as Ed Bauer.If he left any way,would have recasted.

Would have never killed off Sarah Shayne.

Roxie Shayne should have been brought back instead of creating a new sister for Reva.

I would have kept Holly Reade.

Ben Reade would not have been the stalker and would not have commited suicide.

San Cristobel and the Santos family would have never been introduced.

Phillip Spaulding would not have been killed.If Grant Aleksander left or couldn't be recast he should have been moved off canvas.

• Members

Guiding Light

Maureen would not have died

The mob would never have been introduced

Jeffrey O'Neill would not have shown up in Springfield

The Maryanne Caruthers storyline would not have happened

Cassie turns out to be Reva's sister

Edmund in jail

Josh and Cassie together :angry:

Alexandra turned into a drug dealer

Buzz and Alex breaking up

Phillip being shot

Alan obsessed with Lizzie's baby/marrying Beth

Beth holding Gus and Alan hostage

Y&R

Killing John Abbott

Gloria Fisher not going to Jail for tampering with the skin cream

Killing Tom Fisher

• Members

The Young And The Restless

I would have changed the Pool House Story because this was Jack Smith's first mistake as co-head writer. This story had great potential for a lot of reasons, a big one was to bring back Paul's sister Patty who hated Diane and had motive to kill her. Making Diane the killer was just a way for Smith to wrap up a storyline "he" didn't like. By bringing back Patty, it would have given Paul another storyline besides just with Christine and Michael. Patty unstability could have been a focus and the Abbotts and Williams families could feud, especially Mary and John. As well, the show would have slowly re-built the Williams family by brining back Paul's brothers along with their wives and children. A lot of story potential was lost. Not to mention Phyllis/Jack/Patty/Andy/Diane.

• Members

DAYS- Cassie and Rex are brought to Salem from Europe by Tony, instead of a crashing spaceship. He gains Marlena's trust and has her start therapy with the twins, who are traumatized because they don't know who their parents are or where they came from. All they know is that they were found by Stefano DiMera and cared for in Europe by some associates of Stefano's. Eventually Marlena and Tony learn that they are Cassie and Rex's parents, conceived through in-vitro while Marlena was off the show in the late 80s. This leads to Cassie and Rex scheming to bring Tony and Marlena together and rebuilding the DiMera dynasty. Tony does fall for Marlena, and plots to take her away from John and accomplish what Stefano tried to do for so many years. Stefano learns what's going on and of course, he's not keen on his adopted son stealing his woman. Stefano and John form an uneasy alliance to keep Tony from taking Marlena.

Also, instead of sorasing EJ and having him be the young DiMera wreaking havoc, it would have been Benjy, no longer deaf due to an operation paid for by Stefano. Little Elvis would still be 10 and still be safe in England with Susan and Edmund.

• Members

Kimberlin Brown's Sheila going off her rocker again in 1998 on B&B. Had Brad Bell simply continued to write for her in a manner where she could be both good and bad without being so bad where she'd have to end up in jail, we could have had so many more years enjoyment out of her.

• Members

LOL No, just because I know that JER had planned on bringing her back eventually-- otherwise he would've just killed her. Plus, any writer can bring her back at anytime now. With Margaret, it would take a LOT of explaining to do after seeing her distustingly decayed corpse...

• Members

Kimberlin Brown's Sheila going off her rocker again in 1998 on B&B. Had Brad Bell simply continued to write for her in a manner where she could be both good and bad without being so bad where she'd have to end up in jail, we could have had so many more years enjoyment out of her.

Also, I NEVER would have killed off Macy. Bobbie Eakes was fantastic leading lady material who always had to take a backseat to Katherine Kelly Lang and Hunter Tylo. Ironically, it's a less powerful/popular role (as AMC's Krystal) that earned her a lead actress emmy nom last year while Lang and Tylo still haven't ever been nominated. I'd love to know what Brad Bell thinks of that.

• Members

- Sheila's 2003, 2005 and 2006 returns would never have happened the way they did. (Y&R/B&B)

- Maureen wouldn't have died. (GL)

- Chelsea would not be Georgia. (DAYS)

- Jake would not have been killed off. (ATWT)

- Adam's return would not have happened the way it did. (ATWT)

- Ben wouldn't have been the serial killer and he and Marina would have stayed together. (GL)

- Phillip would never have been "killed" and then resurrected. (GL)

- Carrie wouldn't have been with Mike EVER. (DAYS)

- Rex and Cassie would not exist. (DAYS)

- The Salem Stalker storyline (and everything that happened because of it) would never have happened. (DAYS)

- Philip would have died in combat offscreen after Kyle Brandt left. (DAYS)

- Billie's 2002 return would not have happened. (DAYS)

- Hope would not have had another baby in 2006. (DAYS)

- The Lockharts would not exist. (DAYS)

I could go on forever, but I think I'll stop here.

Archived