DWTS celebrities to be announced on GMA

DaysFanJean

• Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com:80/blog/2...ng_with_th.html

February 17, 2007

Dancing With The Stars 4 Cast To Be Announced On Good Morning America

ABC's "Good Morning America" will once again host the official cast announcement for the upcoming fourth season of the hit series "Dancing with the Stars." TV personality Jerry Springer, who made it to the seventh week of competition with partner Kym Johnson last season, will make the announcement.

In addition, the first interview with one of the new celebrities will take place that night on "Jimmy Kimmel Live."

"Dancing with the Stars'" fourth season will premiere Monday, March 19 with a two-hour premiere (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET). To offer viewers two weeks to see the performers in action before the first elimination, the first results show will air on Week Two. The second performance show, airing Monday, March 26, will also be two hours in length (8:00-10:00 p.m.), and the first results show will air Tuesday, March 27 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET).

When asked why he was returning to announce the cast, Springer said, "I had a wonderful experience on the show, met some great people -- dancing is my life -- and I still have another week left before I have to return my tux."

In addition to 16 seasons as the host of "The Jerry Springer Show," Springer has been a two-term mayor of Cincinnati, political pundit, lawyer, award-winning newscaster, country recording artist, international Emcee, movie star, Broadway actor, progressive talk-radio broadcaster, and his most recent and proudest achievement -- ballroom dancer.

"Dancing with the Stars" is the U.S. version of the international smash hit series, "Strictly Come Dancing." This version is produced in America by BBC Worldwide. Conrad Green and Richard Hopkins are executive producers and Izzie Pick is co-executive producer. Rob Wade and Matilda Zoltowski are supervising producers. Alex Rudzinski directs.

ABC News' "Good Morning America" is anchored by Diane Sawyer and Robin Roberts. Chris Cuomo is the news anchor and Sam Champion is the weather anchor. The morning news program airs live Monday through Friday from 7:00-9:00 a.m., ET on the ABC Television Network. Jim Murphy is the senior executive producer and Tom Cibrowski is the executive producer.

"Jimmy Kimmel Live" airs weeknights on ABC, 12:05-1:05 a.m., ET, following "Nightline." Jimmy Kimmel and Jill Leiderman serve as executive producers. Jason Schrift and Douglas DeLuca serve as co-executive producers. "Jimmy Kimmel Live" is shot live in front of a studio audience and produced by Jackhole Industries in association with ABC Television Studio

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived