DAYS: Looks like the soap might be in trouble.

• Members

Oh, this is just OUTRAGEOUS!

No wonder a fellow SON member PMed me today with a panic attack about what the hell is going on around you. I was almost afraid to look. MORE bad news!

I hate to say it, but maybe AMC has the right idea. I'm enjoying the show, and it doesn't seem to be having these problems due to cutting the fat -- and by fat, I mean, heavy hitters, pay-wise.

DON'T READ THAT WRONG.

In "Days" case, I don't want all the vets cut out of the show; but I do think that Willow's brother, Willow (sorry, even I love her!) maybe Nick, and others who just don't 'need' to be on the show should be cut. Oh, and nix that Jack return, if that's going to make them hurt more.

It all depends on what you like. Either the CHARACTERS that make the big six (or however many there are now) or the actualSHOW and a few remnants of the past. If it's the show, as an ensemble, then you could kill John. A lot of people are tired of Drake's 'acting' and Marlena can grieve, genuinely, and move on. Sorry, but he's no Tom Horton, lol. He doesn't have to stand the test of time. Next up, let's see...well, I don't want to hurt any more feelings, and Drake rakes it in so I'm sure that would significantly lighten the load...I'll stop there for now.

Even amid all the disaster, I laughed at this quote from Soap City member:

'

"we should send money to the nbc studio hell well pay but get them on screen!"

That is just pathetic. :lol:

Although, maybe there is a bright side. Honestly, maybe it's time to sell the show to NBC, which would make more money without licensing fees, and may even be kinder to the show, budget wise.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree it's a tough situation Pest Spray, but what can the show do at this point? This isn't like the show is raking in the money, as it used to. Perhaps ever supercouple could be brought back to life and have their happily ever after, if finances are today what they were back then. But they're not, and that's why I suggested what I did. However, there is another alternative, but I doubt you'd like that one very much either: getting Marlena and John a happy reunion after John recovers and having them move to Hawaii or something. (off screen, off-contract). That or put them and all vets on recurring. I really don't know what other options there are. The writing, if all this is true, is just on the wall though: it's time for NBC to buy "Days" and be committed to it. Either that, or Corday (sorry!) needs to pull a Frons/McTavish and clean house.

• Members

It's not that frackin' hard. Let go of the people most fans don't care for. Their priority should be to show respect to the people who've stuck by through the lies and the crap and the disrespect. J&M fans have been masochists, coming back for more after being lied to by TPTB because we're devoted. We never left when things got rough or when they were offscreen, we fought like hell and dammit, we deserve to actually be something other than the evil stepchild for once by Kenny.

• Members

Well, fine. Cut the newbies but if the show is THIS much in the hole, I can't help wondering if that's all that can be done.

Frankly? Drake once said, I believe, that he's a team player and will take a pay cut.

Well, Corday? MAKE HIM PROVE IT!

If it's necessary to save the show, I say he put his money where his mouth is!

• Members

Of course thay can dump it beforehand. Would they be forced to keep it on the air if only 50 people tuned in? 50, 000? 500,000? I don't think so. And getting rid of low-paid no-talents won't do anything significant budget wise. NBC will do what it did to AW.

• Members

This is no surprise. However, the ratings aren't any worse. Sure, if the vets were on they would be better but still.

J&M fans have the right to outcry. J&M have been shafted alot. That I understand.

However, B&H have no reason IMO. They had ample story all of last year. In fact, there have been very few periods where they were backburnered like J&M have been in the last few years. The only time J&M have had alot of story was the SSK and at some points in the Alex story but even then things were hit and miss.

Kenny is right. NBC has doomed it, which is why I am hoping Corday is looking for a new home now. NBC doesn't want it. My question is, why is this like this all of a sudden? During the fall, it wasn't this bad. What changed?

I am also confused but how backburnering J&M and B&H is helping the budget. Doesn't he have to pay them regardless? It's not like they are recurring or anything. That I don't get.

I am not doubting this is true but some of it doesn't add up to me. I mean, J&M and B&H have not been backburnered completely. Bo came back today after two weeks off and Hope returns later this week. J&M were on last week and, while they have only appeared in about 10-15 shows, that still isn't too bad since it's only the second month of the year.

Like I said, I see fans' frustration but, honestly, it's hard for me to sympathize with the fanbases. They hate it when the couple is happy because its boring and they hate it when the couple is apart. Then, the couple is given a story where they face something together and people still find reason to complain. That is why it's hard for me to sympathize with hardly any fanbases. Pest Spray, I symapthize with you because you aren't a rabid fanbase junkie. You love J&M but you think rationally, unlike many others.

Archived