General Hospital Febuary Spoilers ++

• Members

SID February Sweeps

GH gets cutting-edge this February as the mammoth story of a hostage crisis is told in “real time” for 16 consecutive episodes! “The audience will be as blind-sided as the characters are in the moment.” Hints associate headwriter Elizabeth Korte, who says that lives will be left hanging in the balance. “There is nobody who goes through this that doesn’t have a significant change.”

A Hotel Under Siege!

As mercenaries take over Metro Court and hold everyone in it’s lobby hostage, people are pushed to their absolute extremes, forced to take enormous risks and faced with unexpected choices. “Psychologically, the rescuers end up just as trapped as the hostages,” says Korte. “What are they willing to risk to save somebody else? How far are they willing to go to save one person over another if they can’t save them all? Or do they throw away the chance to save one person on the chance that they may be able to save everyone?”

Sonny & Carly Connect!

As the crisis unfolds, Sonny tells Carly that whatever he has to do, she’ll get out of it alive. And he means it! “In a way, the crisis is allowing them to strip away the very real but very petty things between them and let them see again in each other the essence of the other person,” says Korte. “In the process, it allows them to re-experience the essence of their connection.” Not that Jax is out of the picture, mind you. “Carly is not forgetting about Jax by any stretch of the imagination during any of this. She’s more torn than ever.”

Liz’s Baby In Jeopardy!

“Elizabeth has a child inside her whom she’s fighting to stay alive to preserve. And she’s got a little boy who, if she dies, will be left behind. She’s thinking and behaving as a mother, yet she’s a nurse. How much does she risk as a nurse and as a friend to help other people? One wrong move could get her harmed and the child she is carrying harmed and leave Cameron without his mother.”

Jason To The Rescue!

“Jason looks at the image from a surveillance camera and sees that his whole world is there in that lobby,” says Korte. “There’s Sonny, Carly, Sam, Elizabeth, Emily, and Alan. Who does he go in and rescue? Who does he make a priority?” Meanwhile, Sam, has other things to consider when her courage comes in to question—like, what happens to her little sisters if she and Alexis die? “She’s not just risking herself, she’s risking what effect her presence has on other people in her life.”

Will Skye Help Alcazar?

“What Alcazar is doing is espionage. Treason,” says Korte. “If he’s caught, he’s going to jail for the foreseeable future, if not executed. Skye has family members in that lobby. If she volunteers everything she knows, there’s a really good chance that in the aftermath, Alcazar is going to be tried for really major crimes. Does she save Alcazar with her silence? Or does she volunteer this information which may or may not save the hostages?”

Does Luke+Scotty=Laura?

“No comment,” says Korte, adding that both Luke and Scotty show up in town at the same time for the same reason without coordinating their return. “None of the animosity has diminished in any way. Within hours of both of their returns, they’ve both been up to visit Laura. Luke finds out and is not happy about it.”

SOD (thanks scrubbies) via SZ

Baby Mama Drama

Sam is devastated over not being able to have children, and her guilt and anxiety are exacerbated when Jason delivers a heartfelt speech about how he can't wait to have kids with her. Meanwhile, Elizabeth is stunned when Lucky surprises her with a romantic proposal. Liz is torn over whether she should get back together with her ex and turns to Jason. He advises he to follow her heart, unaware of what's really gnawing at her conscience -- the secret of her baby's paternity.

"Sam's trying to get pregnant and she can't and she is just about to tell Jason that right before this whole hostage thing goes down," says SB. "But Carly interruppted again and Sam didn't get to finish. Then she had to go back to work and that's the last he talks to her before everything gets crazy."

The domestic drama takes a backseat when the new villain in town, mysterious Mr. Craig, shows up at a packed Metro Court with a band of mercenaries and storms the hotel. Sam, Carly, Alan, Elizabeth, Robin, Father Ruiz, Lulu, Maxie, and Nickolas are among the hostages as the thugs force everyone to hand over their valuables.

By week's end, Liz starts to experience pregnancy pains and under duress, prepares to come clean to Jason about the baby's paternity. But will she go through with it? "At this point, they've had so many heart-to-hearts that he just wants to jump off a bridge," cracks SB. "He's just going to jump. It doesn't matter. No one needs to go with him, he'll volunteer. All joking aside, he gets that she's struggling. He gets that she's trying to tell him something, but he's just not sure of the gravity of the situation.

Guza teases, "The big thing we're trying to do [during sweeps] is make it one of those runs where we put our characters in a heightened state of reality. People in crisis act differently than they would normally. Things they would normally be able to cover up come out. People who believe they are going to die say things they may not ordinarily say. Secrets galore will emerge during this crisis."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn. I can just imagine the pitch over at ABCD:

th_robert_guza_jr_01.jpg

'Kay, so it's Ransom meets 24. We have a hostage situation in PC. Every episode represents an hour of one day.

th_8117601.jpg

Which means we can spread this out over the entire month?

1011612.jpg

And no costume changes, Brian! Which means we save money!

th_robert_guza_jr_01.jpg

And while we're at it, can we blow up that f*cking hospital once and for all?

th_8117601.jpg

Keep talking.

th_robert_guza_jr_01.jpg

The cops are crap so, of course, Sonny, Carly and Jason eventually save the day. Plus we may get to see Alexis cough up a lung.

1011612.jpg

We thought we'd do a couple of deaths to liven things up. Stuart's the first one gone.

th_8117601.jpg

Who? :huh:

1011612.jpg

Stuart Damon? Dr. Alan Quartermaine? A 30-year vet--

th_8117601.jpg

Oh, right, an oldie. Well, at least you are cleaning house. Why not throw in that aging woman who keeps showing up at the hospital?

1011612.jpg

You mean Audrey?

th_8117601.jpg

You expect me to remember names? Yeah, whatever she's called.

th_robert_guza_jr_01.jpg

Hopefully this will free up more $$$ to bring Genie back permanently.

1011612.jpg

Wh-what?!

th_robert_guza_jr_01.jpg

Tony wants her. Tyler wants her. Julie Marie loves her.

1011612.jpg

Ok, um, L-let's not be too hasty here... We do not have the budget to meet Genie's wage demands.

th_robert_guza_jr_01.jpg

I thought you said with all the deaths and the No Costume Changes, we would be SAVING money.

th_8117601.jpg

Woah, Bobby. Before you start throwing the "G" word around, you might want to consider the "V" word.

th_robert_guza_jr_01.jpg

Uh... "Vagina" ? :blink:

th_8117601.jpg

What? No! This isn't The View! I'm talking "Vanessa."

-------------------

at least that's what I'm imagining went down. :blink:

• Members

Or something like this:

Brian (to Jill & Bob): I hate ABCD

Jill: Oh my god, you know how to start the alphabet!!!!

Bob: THis is cause for celebration. Lets do a big sweeps stunt on GH.

Brian: EEEEEEEE!!!!!

Jill: There he goes again! He's got 5 letters strung in a row. I'm so proud of you (pats him on his head).

Bob: We can do a 24 storyline.

Jill: I like it.

Brian: 2?

Bob: No, 2 comes after 1 in the numbers system. We'll get to that next week. First you have to learn your A-B-C's

Jill: Lets not overload him, if he thinks 2 comes after E in the alphabet then I'm cool with that.

Bob: Fair enough.

Jill: So NOW can we talk about bringing on Jensen Buchanon, Kale Browne, Tim Gibbs and all my other favourites?

Brian: goo-goo-gaa-gaa

Bob: Only if I can kill off Alan, Audrey and Luke

Jill: Better not do it all at once, else Brian might have to take another Soap Opera Digest Interview or something to explain it.

Bob: Good point, we don't want him coming off sounding like an idiot or an @sshole again.

Brian: Poo comes from the @[!@#$%^&*]! @[!@#$%^&*]! @[!@#$%^&*].

Jill: Now look what you've started Bob. Go back to work or no foreplay tonight.

Brian: poo poo poo poo

Jill (to herself): I deserve better than this.

God: No you don't.

Archived