Why isn't there a hockey thread?

KBT

• Members

I am proud to be a Nashville Predators fan, after starting the season 0-3, the Preds have gone 30-8-3 since then and are doing awesome at home at 15-3-3! With 63 points the Preds are only 4 points from leading the entire NHL in points with the Anaheim Ducks, the only team in the West I don't think the Preds would beat in the playoffs. It helps that we play the Blues, Columbus, and Chicago a lot but I still like our chances this year. Come on fellow hockey fans, lets get a good discussion thread going.

I will admit the attendance for the Preds suck only averaging a little over 14,000 with a capacity of 17,117. Nashville is one of the smaller markets in the NHL but the Titans have had a sell out every game since they were here back in what 1998/1999 at 69,000.

Discuss away......

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's pretty much how I am as well. When the playoffs start is when I go nuts! I am in Canada so of course I am a fan of the Canadian teams with the Oilers being my favourite. They've been kinda off as of late but I find they play better in desperate situations like the playoffs as they did last year and surprised the hell outta everyone.

Wow! I had no idea Nashville was doing that good!! Way to go!

• Members

Nashville won again tonight, although it wasn't much of a surprise because the Blue Jackets have some of their great players out and the Preds are ridiculously healthy(knocks on wood) for the first time all year. Nashville may have a problem on their hands with 2 really good goalies. Mason the backup had 39 saves tonight and 22 in the third period alone and was awesome while Vokoun was out for awhile. Nashville has 65 points, which is tied for 2nd most in the entire NHL with the power from the East Buffalo and only 3 points back of Ahaheim, go Preds!

I know their our more hockey fans, especially some of the Canadians.

Mitch, your Canucks are playing great as of late come and chat about your team!

• Members

Where are you from? The Oilers are my favourite, too! :D But being from Edmonton, I tend to be biased. :lol: I was going to say that they were on a 4-win streak but I just checked and found out that Calgary beat them today.

I have a friend in Abbottsford (not far from Vancouver) so he's always talking bragging about how well they're doing. I'm really happy to see all the Canadian teams doing so well. It just sucks when Edmonton loses to another Canadian team, though! :lol:

• Members

I used to live in Edmonton. I went to school there (junior/high school) and I"ve been a fan since the Gretzky/Messier days. I am still in Alberta but I live about 2 hrs north of Edmonton now. But I will always be an Oiler fan!!

Thanks for the info regarding the game tonight. They lost again? Shitty!!! They lost last night as well against Minnesota.

Archived