2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, then she started the trend....A Year and a half is good for a soap opera writer these days. Was that a bad thing back then? Just because she got fired, doesnt mean she was bad. I dont know, I didn't watch the crap. You know better than I, so I'll take your word for it.

• Members

A year and a half was quite short back, especially when you consider B&E had a good 3 years at GL. I believe during her GL stint, Caroline Hinsey wrote an article about how McTavish recycled storyline after storyline and how they were all there to serve plot, not character. Needless to say, her GL stint wasn't very good.

Megan's only real successful writing stint was her first run on AMC, but that's mainly due to the genius grip Felicia Meni Behr had on the show at the time.

• Members

I thought Megan did well her third time at AMC although some stories there were flops (Unabortion, Erica as a Vegas showgirl although I put more blame on Lucci for that since she requested the story, Dixie's return)

Anyways Jay here is a joke for you that has to do with medicine since you are a doctor:

Medical Miracles

An Israeli doctor says "Medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of one man, put it in another, and have him looking for work in six weeks."

A German doctor says "That is nothing, we can take a lung out of one person, put it in another, and have him looking for work in four weeks.

A Russian doctor says "In my country, medicine is so advanced that we can take half a heart out of one person, put it in another, and have them both looking for work in two weeks."

The Texas doctor, not to be outdone, says "You guys are way behind, we recently took a man with no brain out of Texas, put him in the White House for four years, and now half the country is looking for work."

• Administrator

Yes I think DAYS will get a few of those exiled Y&R writers.

I am hoping that Ed Scott has a good relationship with Kay Alden because I just don't see her staying as an associate head writer at B&B. My prediction is that when Alden's cycle is up, Ed will bring her in to be Co-HW with Hogan (Meg Kelly will either be demoted or fired).

• Members

I think Jack F. Smith would be a better fit with Hogan/Days than Alden.

A Hogan and Kay team seems so out there. LOL!

Then again, how many outside writers can Days take? They need more writers who have history writing the show, which almost no one of the current Days writing staff has. Bringing back Sheri Anderson should be a top priority. A Sheri/Hogan team would kick ass.

• Members

as always thanks toups. I am very excited about the Y&R influx, but at the same time nervous, because I know more heads are going to roll. Days is about to go YET through another transition. From the JER era, to this Hogan, throw back classic, to the now new Y&R style that we will see more of, (Old school Y&R, with Bill Bell) We'll have to stay tuned as they say. I can't wait till the new directors start as well., When Ed's first credited episode airs on Days will be the day I begin watching again. How much control is Ken giving Ed? (Must be a lot considering the recent hirings and firings.

Archived