2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe Nancy Curlee had the most authority in that head writing team, since she was there the longest and previously served as Pamela Long's co-head writer. Though, I get what you're saying, I still don't know how 4 very different head writers got the job done together.

Nancy Curlee left soap writing after her GL stint and to this day, many soaps have been trying to land her.

Guza and Pratt have a long history of working together. They have written for Santa Barbara and on a few of Aaron Spellings trashy primetime soaps.

What's funny about Curlee/Demorest/Rely/Broderick and Pratt and Guza was that fact JFP was the EP overseeing both teams.

• Members

I was talking about Guza and Pratt's head writng stint on SB, when JFP was the EP of that show.

When Guza made his way to GH, during Wendy Riche's reign, he never worked with Pratt.

He first worked with the UNDERRATED and TALENTED Karen Harris as his co-head writer. It wasn't until 2003, when McTavish was fired, did Pratt and Guza work toegther as head writers on GH.

• Members

This is GH's Emmy winning team, headed by Guza, during the Wendy Riche era. I should also note, Claire Labine's writing team also won the writing Emmy in 96, during Riche's era.

1999 Emmy win for Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team:

Robert Guza Jr. (head writer)

Michele Val Jean (associate head writer)

Patrick Mulcahey (associate head writer)

Elizabeth Korte (associate head writer)

Mary Ryan (associate head writer)

Stephen Demorest (breakdown writer)

Garin Wolf (breakdown writer)

Craig Heller (script writer)

Bill Levinson (script writer)

Michael Quinn (script writer)

• Administrator

When Leah Laiman came back to ATWT in 2005, did she come back as an Associate Head Writer and then promoted to Co-Head Writer? Or did she come right in as a Co-HW? For some reason, I didn't document Leah and Chris Whitesell being promoted to Co-HWs in 2005.

Archived