Dexter

DruRocks

• Members

I've heard good things about this show and would love to watch it. I always like the underrated shows that you don't hear much about. So could anybody please give me a brief rundown on the show? And will I be able to jump in and watch right now, and understand what's going on?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The quick run down is that Dexter is a serial killer. He was adopted by a cop and his wife when he was three. There was some kind of tramatic event. His adopted father realized Dexter had the signs of being a serial killer at an early age, so he trained him to only kill other killers. Also how to get away with it.

Now Dexter is working as a blood spatter anaylist for the police. His sister Debra is also a detective. They are trying to catch "the Ice Truck Killer". The killer is playing with Dexter though. There is some connection there. Dexter's sister is unwittingly dating the killer. The cops have the wrong guy in custody at the moment.

Dexter pretty much doesn't have feelings, but he's dating this woman named Rita (She has two kids, Astor and Cody). She started out as a disguise, in a sense, but he does seem to care about her in his way. Her ex raped her and beat her and the kids, so she's damaged in her own way. I guess that's why she didn't think it was odd Dexter didn't push the sex aspect of the relationship. :blink: They've been dating for the last six months and they just did it for the first time in tonight's episode.

Archived