Y&R: JESS WALTON is the supreme diva of Genoa City!

MarlandRulez

• Members

This is the place to pour in and lay down your tributes to the divine Jess Walton and indeed Brenda Dickson too, as it is also where we acknowledge that marvellous rags to riches fascinating creation, Jill Foster Abbott, who incidently was Bill Bell's favorite character.

What is it about Jess Walton and her portrayal of Jill? I think Jess has the most amazing and warm heart and this shows how deep her soul is, thus instilling in her the talents to give Jill that incredible edge and continued presence... Jill is one of those unheralded classics of daytime. I will never watch Y&R again but i do regret this in some sense, being a Jess Walton fan. I wish her all the best and hope to see her win more Emmys in the future. Hopefully Latham's pen will be kinder to her than it has been to Sheila.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally!

I love Jill but not nearly half as much as I love the protrayal of the divine Miss Walton. She just rocks. She can switch from snotty [!@#$%^&*], to caring mom, from strong businesswoman to paining wife - hopefully the writers will soon find their interest in the character again.

Jess Walton is Genoa City's best. Period.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Jess Walton and Jill have been my two favorite things about Y&R since I started watching in '93. I can't wait to see what they have in store for Jill this November, whatever it is that re-ignites the Jill/Kay feud. Some of us having been waiting a while for that.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

No joke...Jess Walton MAKES Y&R for me. Her range is absolutely stunning...she wipes the floor with Stafford, Thomas Scott, even Rowell and Cooper...damn she's a fine actress. She's gone from babe to bitch and I cannot think of anyone on Y&R (aside from Jeanne Cooper) who has played a character with such force!

From Jills battles with Katherine and Mamie to her divorces from John, her work at Jabot, her affairs with numerous men and her relationship with son Billy, Jess Walton has hit every damn thing out of the park!

Her Emmy wins cement my opinion of her...she's a team player and a true star. LML better give her something to do soon...if she walked I don't know if Y&R could count on me as a fan.

Archived