AMC: Week Of July 1, 2013 Discussion

• Members

LOL. I guess in recent years that's true. I am a fan from the good old days when AMC was a true ensemble and except for Erica, it didn't revolve around one character Or one couple. I may be the minority but watching this version doesn't feel like AMC to me and I can't waste time trying to find time to watch these people who I care nothing about. none of these SORAS'ed kids have "it" for me I guess and I have to be honest and say that I find Dimitri one big ICK . I know it's a sin to be negative about this new version but I have to be honest.I give you all credit for being able to move on to it. Now I won"t bother you guys anymore with my negativity. I"ll go back to reading books like I did when the real AMC died for me.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1

I wasn't going to respond to you at first, but then I figured why would you even bother posting in this thread if you're not watching the show?

As someone who has watched AMC regularly since the summer of 1980, I could not disagree more with you. This is the "real" AMC again, with campy characters like Opal and Billy Clyde, the young love stories of Pete & Celia and AJ & Miranda, intermixed with the adults who are all from the main families (Martins, Hubbards, Cortlandts, Chandlers and Kanes/Montgomerys) that have been around since the 1970s or 1980s. Like it or not, Brooke is the one main characters connected to the original first family of Pine Valley, the Tylers. I love having her back and ruling over the Chandler brood.

It doesn't bother me that the Kanes/Montgomerys have less of a presence since IMO they're domination of the network version was one of the factors leading to its downfall for the last 10 years or so it was on, especially Kendall and Greenlee.

The reboot has truly been a restarting of the show with the focus IMO restored to where it should've been all along!

• Members

Thanks for understanding and respecting my opinion. I see that for some I am committing a crime against humanity by being honest that I don't like this version of AMC and I shouldn't 't be allowed to post my feelings, but I did try to like it and tried to have patience but it didn't work for me. I am happy for those who are enjoying it, though people are so afraid the shows may disappear again, I don't know how many would be honest enough to admit if it fell short for them too. I wish the best to all.

• Members

Frankly, I would prefer that the people who don't like the shows just walk away. It's one thing when people were bitching after two or three episodes because that was just ridiculous but if after two months you still aren't liking the shows then there's no reason to stick around. As I've said before, these shows have to find their audience and pity watching won't save them. The only way that happens is for them to find new viewers. I wish we had some real data on viewership because i'd like to know whether they're doing that. Personally I'm loving the show and not in the "I'm just glad it's back" way. If this show were in any way reminiscent of what I slogged through during the Frons years, I'd say "peace out" too.

• Members

I was really intrigued when in that interview with Carolyn Hinsey, the supervising producer Sonia Blangiardo said data was telling them 65% of their viewers are new to the show- that sounded promising and also kind of implausible. Unfortunately, she didn't elaborate and I haven't seen anymore discussion of viewership.

I agree that if people still aren't feeling it after 2 months, maybe its time to cut ties but I do wish the people who threw in the towel on either show after week 1 or week 2 (and I think this may have happened more to OLTL because of the club stuff) because it didn't "feel like the old AMC" the would sample them again- not even catch up but just try a week or two again and see if anything catches them. Maybe with OWN that might happen a bit.

• Members

I'm just now watching these episodes and Cassandra's nightmare, while well-produced, highlighted what a horrible actress she is. I can't get over how bad she is and how in such a heavy storyline she hasn't managed to squeeze out one tear. I don't understand the praise I see for her. Other than that everything is pretty good.

Archived