Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Y&R: You Decide...

#YR40 April Fools Day?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Errol

Errol

Editor in Chief, Soap Opera Network

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

In honor of April Fool's day, you decide if this is a Joke or a Real Quote (I won't answer either which way, to be clear)...

Well I’m not sure who answered this question and what they said about the next 40 years, but I’m going to tell you that I’m almost a thousand percent that this show will not be churning for 40 more years. Should I take the thousand percent back? Maybe. Stranger things have happened. But if I’m a betting _____, I’m going to say that we’re falling short of that maybe by 30 years, 25 years, I don’t know. I don’t want to put a date on it. There is no expiration to the lives here, it’s just that the audience does change. They are fickle. And nothing lasts forever. So I kind of laugh when I hear the next 40 years.

#2 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 38,548 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

It seems like someone is just stating the obvious

#3 Eric83

Eric83

IWOKEUPLIKEDIS

• Members
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

It seems like someone is just stating the obvious

#4 soapfan770

soapfan770

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Back in 1990 on the eve of Days' 25th anniversary SOD asked Corday if he foresaw Days lasting another 25 years and his answer was along very similar lines(we'll see if Days can actually make it to 2015 to prove his prediction wrong). 

Like the above had said, its someone stating the very obvious, most likely in response to Angelica McDaniel's quote.  

#5 y&r_fan

y&r_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Whether it's real or not, it's incredibly pessimistic. If these shows can continue to move with the times the way Y&R and B&B have, there's no reason they can't last another 40 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users