If someone did an oral history of soaps, who/what should be included?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Someone who I did not see mentioned (but may have missed) is Suzanne Rogers. She has been the only consistent person on DAYS from the early 70's til now, yes she had two short breaks but wasnt even gone a year. She has seen not only her show's many, many, many, many, many changes over the years but also daytime as a whole. I have interviewed and chatted with her, and the woman is smart and knows about daytime. She is someone who also has gone from a main character to a supporting, to vanished, to off, to supporting again. Not to mention she is clearly close with ken corday and was with his father as well. She could add a lot.

Similarly, Alison Sweeney who has grown up on days for 20 years. But id only want her included years after Days was off the air because shes very PC and plays her party line. But she has seen a lot of changes, shes directed (and written) for the show, and she is one of the only soap stars to be able to create a name for herself outside of soaps without leaving the genre.

• Members

What, Khan, no repping Fiona Hutchison for me? (At least you included Finola! ;) )

Seriously, though, I'd like to hear from her AND James DePaiva, because they actually got a LOT of attention for pushing the envelope in terms of their love scenes. And Fiona would be great to talk for her scenes such as when Gabrielle denounced God in a church, which pissed off the Archdiocese of New York.

And after her many years in daytime, and given how loyal she was to OLTL for so long, getting a candid interview on daytime from Kassie DePaiva would be nothing short of AMAZING.

Archived